Portsmouth - This Area Only
Contract (Full time)
Systematix is currently looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with strong Cloud experienceto help with the implementation of a diverse global infrastructure, for one of the world’s leaders in Life Sciences technologies.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
Our client is one of the leading Global Life Sciences companies, with offices around the world. Working as a Hosting Engineer for the Cloud technologies division, you will be responsible for the implementation of a growing number of services for a large global enterprise. As a key member of our team, you will be involved in defining and implementing standards, automation and innovative solutions that support the success of our collaborative, science and technology driven businesses.
Your responsibilities in the role will be:
- Owning the infrastructure build & deploy lifecycle; drastically reducing build, deploy & rollback times while simultaneously reducing risk and exposure.
- Helping transform our legacy infrastructure to a modern scalable service-based system.
- Working with key people in our global IT departments to provide secure, reliable Shared Services that you help design, test, implement and support.
- Assessing solution options pertaining to infrastructure, telecommunications, networking and cyber security
- Provide leadership and guidance to development and implementation teams to ensure the solutions are developed according to approved standards and guidelines.
ABOUT THE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other technical / IT field, or similar related industry experience.
- 5+ year of experience as a Platform engineer.
- 4+ years of experience with AWS.
- Experience with Azure and Azure AD
- Experience / good understanding of Microsoft Windows Server OS, Linux/Unix.
- Excellent scripting and automation skills in Bash, PowerShell, or Python.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering large-scale services on public clouds such as AWS.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities.
- AWS Certifications, . AWS Solutions Architect or AWS DevOps Engineer.
- Experience in Database Technologies (MS SQL, Oracle, RDS).
- Virtualization (primarily Hyper-V).
- ITIL principles knowledge.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a 6 month remote contract with the strong possibility of extension. The position will be performed in the eastern European time zone.
Systematix is one of North America's largest privately owned National Consulting and Resourcing firms. We provide the highest caliber consulting solutions to a diverse client base that includes all levels of Government and all Private Industry sectors.