Migration/Data Storage Engineer (Solaris/NFS)
London, Greater London, England
£600 - £650/day inside IR35
Contract (Full time)
Migration/Data Storage Architect - fully remote (anywhere in the UK) upto £600-£650 a day negotiable (inside IR35)
* 5 months+ contract position, a Migration/Data Storage Architect is required to join the project team in a large government client.
* Immediate start, based remotely from anywhere in the UK during current lockdown followed by possible limited on-site (1-2 day per month onsite, the rest is remote).
* Rate: up to £600-£650 a day negotiable, based on skills/experience, inside IR35
We are looking for a delivery-focused Architect to provide Solaris OS and NFS Server build/configuration expertise to support a complex data migration and application modernisation programme (Oracle data warehouse, Oracle E-Business Suite). The client is a large central Government department and is looking to carry out a business critical upgrade to their on-premise infrastructure.
Essential Skills Required:
The Migration/Data Storage Architect will be expected to have:
* Data Storage expertise
* Solaris OS knowledge
* NFS Server build/configuration experience
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix server/infrastructure, with expert knowledge of migrations and data storage
* SAS knowledge would be a bonus
* Experience of discovering, understanding, and managing risks related to system implementation and data migration.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with key technical contacts within the client as well as drive relationships with other internal and external stakeholders
* Proven capability of “owning” deliverables and driving resolutions/outcomes.
Due to the sensitive nature of the client environment, SC Clearance may be required. Applicants will need to be located in the UK and have the ability to be security cleared, or have current transferable clearance already.
Please enclose your CV. Fast interview and decision-making process