East London, Greater London, England
Contract (Full time)
This role is responsible for defining, planning and managing delivery of cross-organisational projects that deliver expected outcomes and benefits to the Institute and its stakeholders. The job holder will be expected to drive projects forward in coordination with the respective teams and management boards/committees, ensuring successful delivery and an effective handover following project closure. This role will focus on leading and providing expertise in: project planning, initiation and approval, monitoring and evaluation, risk, issue and dependency management, prioritisation, lessons learned and project closures. The job holder, along with the rest of the Programme Office (PO) team, will sup
The role covers a full range of project management and support to drive work across the organisation. The project manager will work closely with various teams on new and ongoing projects. The role requires close liaison and relationship building with staff at all levels of seniority throughout the organisation, as well as external agencies and partners.
Accountability of the Role
- To work with project owners to ensure proposals meet Programme Office quality criteria and appropriately align with the strategy ahead of submission.
- To define project plans, controls and processes with project owners.
- To use judgment in prioritising demands across projects, programmes and other activities with minimal supervision. There may, at times, be conflicting priorities.
- Significant problem solving and decision making in order to deliver projects across the organisation.
- Responsible for management of project budgets (as appropriate).
- Management of projects with multiple delivery teams (may include internal staff, external contractors and experts).
- Provide specialist advice and recommendations to support informed decision making.
- Organisation of Programme Board meetings with up to 25 attendees.
- Has a drive for results, who can be counted on to meet or exceed goals successfully
- Can manage and measure work effectively, taking responsibility for tasks and decisions
- Is customer focussed and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers / partners
- Has great functional/technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Is committed to their personal learning, picking up on the need to change personal, interpersonal, and where applicable managerial behaviour quickly
- Proven ability to apply project management principles and techniques to manage a range of complex projects through to completion
Hunter Merrifield, trading name of Huntress Search Ltd, acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.