Water Efficiency Technician Installer
Greater Manchester - This Area Only
£25000 - £30000/annum plus benefits package
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is one of the UK’s leading specialist contractors, renowned for providing technically advanced and cost-effective solutions across the energy, infrastructure, water efficiency, ground source heat pumps and geo-thermal energy sectors, amongst many other service offerings. Their reputation is built on engineering excellence and a commitment to continual innovation, backed by a central technical design and engineering resource, which allows them to deliver a full range of techniques bespoke to any client requirement, project or contract specification.
Due to their dedication to continued profitable, ambitious and long-term growth across the UK, our client now wishes to appoint a Water Efficiency Technician Installer to work within the Energy & Water Services team.
You will be responsible for surveying commercial and domestic properties, and advising the operations team of installation opportunities for our client’s range of products, performing internal and external leak detection, and installations, as part of a variety of water contracts across the country. The successful candidate will report directly to the Water Efficiency Project Manager and will need to be energetic, organised, have good communication skills and a can-do attitude.
You must also be able to demonstrate good customer service skills and be confident in a customer facing role, and be willing to work away from home for up to 5 days per week. The position is field based, and travel will be required on a regular basis throughout the UK.
* Work closely with the operations team to ensure installation targets are met and are completed to an exceptionally high standard
* Install a variety of water efficiency devices in both a domestic and commercial setting, including (but not limited to); tap aerators, shower regulators, showerheads, dual flush conversion kits, water meters and flow regulators
* Carry out internal and external leak detection in both a domestic and commercial setting
* Give customers tailored water efficiency advice
* Take water meter readings and flow rate measurements
* Identify lead piping
* Identify leaks and fix leaks where appropriate
* Manage your own diary and ensure appointments are met
* Travel will be required on a regular basis to ensure installation targets are met
* Experience in both domestic and commercial plumbing, with a plumbing related qualification
* Experience in external and internal leak detection
* Experience of being able to producing reports
* Clean DBS check and a valid UK driving licence
* Ability to work at speed precisely, and use Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook etc
* Able to work with tablets and mobile devices
* Work management and prioritising skills, along with excellent verbal and written communication
* You will possess good problem solving abilities, along with flexibility, reliability and good teamworking skills
An attractive basic salary, bonus and an extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work and career progression given the company’s market leading status, and their dedication to continued and ambitious growth