Commercial Conveyancing Solicitor - Part Time
Milton Keynes - This Area Only
£38000 - £42000/annum FTE
Unspecified (Part time)
Our client has a permanent vacancy for a Conveyancing Solicitor, Commercial Conveyancing, Sale & Purchase, Commercial Contracts, Leases, Acquisitions, Disposal. The role is working part time, 2 days per week.
You will be a Commercial Conveyancing Solicitor with at least 3 years’ PQE of managing your own caseload. This is an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Property Solicitor looking for personal and career development opportunities in a modern and dynamic Firm.
The Role & Responsibilities:
* To make contacts with clients a high priority and to convey a high degree of courtesy and responsiveness to their needs.
* To anticipate problems and difficulties and take suitable action.
* To strive to represent the firm’s trading Statement to both staff and clients, and in particular to convey the impression of a united front.
* To be continually sensitive to all facets of the overall quality of service being received by clients.
* The successful candidate will be responsible for running a varied Commercial Property caseload.
* The Caseload will include, but not be limited to: Sale & Purchase of Commercial Property, drafting Commercial Contracts & Leases, Business leases, Property Acquisitions and Disposal.
* Provide accurate up-to-date legal advice to clients, that takes account of the commercial pressures of clients.
* Give clients “value for money", whilst working towards a proper reward for your work that will enhance the profitability of the firm.
* Meet chargeable hours and billing targets, and to participate in the marketing of the firm to generate new business.
* Deal with incoming telephone calls and messages quickly in accordance with the firm's good practice procedures.
* Set up and maintain an efficient system of diary management, with the help of your secretary.
* Develop your secretary's potential to the full, and to seek ways of developing work whilst maintaining control.
* Ensure that the firm’s procedures are followed in respect of: -
* File Management, supervision and audit.
* Other aspects of casework management.
* Deal quickly with correspondence and to maintain regular and frequent contact with clients on current cases.
* Ensure that your secretary/support staff have the equipment and working conditions needed to do a good job.
* Take personal responsibility for your own professional, within the context of the firm's Investors in People Policy.
* Participate and contribute to the flow of information within the firm.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive.
* Experience of private practice, not commercial ‘in house”.
* Experience in specific field of work appropriate.
* Legal background but not necessarily a formal legal qualification.
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Be thorough and pay close attention to detail.
* Be self-motivating.
* Knowledge and experience of I T Skills especially “Case Management".
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available