Product Manager- SaaS
Kirkby Fleetham, North Yorkshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
We are currently hiring for a Product Manager to join TrustQuay with a focus on our new SaaS platform. This role will come with a competitive salary plus company benefits including 25 days holiday, hybrid working, pension, bonus, life assurance, private medical, income protection and more!
You'll be part of a passionate, growing team adopting the latest software practices to bring rapid value to our customers and stakeholders in historically under-innovated markets.
You will be responsible for the new SaaS version of our product, serving the lower/long tail of market which needs software that can be deployed rapidly across their users, leveraging the efficiency of SaaS. You will be responsible for intimately understand the needs of the market and the business problems it faces, and then articulating those needs and problems into our development organisation. You are a key link between the feature being written and the underlying business value the feature delivers.
You will be responsible for prioritising the needs of the market against internal product strategy needs and developing a product plan and roadmap that offers greatest ROI for TrustQuay, and greatest value for customers and prospects.
- Understand and articulate the value proposition of the SaaS product.
- Closely observe industry trends and document the market needs and requirements from in-depth industry and market research
- Work across all departments to launch the SaaS product to market, working to ensure product success by understanding the market needs and ensuring internal processes meet those needs.
- Create product planning documents across various time horizons and for various audiences that articulate our planning and decision-making process
- Create feature business cases documenting ROI rationale and sources of potential funding for feature development
- Analyse the competition, creating product plans that differentiate and creating sales tools for our sales teams from your analysis
- Work on product-related business planning for the SaaS product, including activities such as pricing, adjacent market strategies, buy/build/partner decisions, new product business cases
- Work with Product Management, Product Marketing, Marketing and Sales to create compelling customer materials and sales collateral
- Work with product marketing during launch to maximise our communication of changes and value to our markets
- Develop industry hot topics identified from market research into content pieces as part of our thought leadership strategy
- Work closely with our product owner team to refine change requirements into user stories for implementation into our products
- Work with the technical teams during development phases to review the solutions being built to ensure they meet the needs of our markets
- Liaise with customers during development to ensure that the software we're building meets their needs
- Work with the test team to define appropriate test procedures that ensure how we QA the product mirrors client's usage profile.
Occasional travel to offices, events and client sites in the UK and overseas may be required.
Experience and Qualifications Required
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Degree or similar level of education
- Experience in B2B SaaS product management is essential
- Experience in financial markets or financial software is beneficial
- Demonstrable success in creating, launching and managing SaaS products which meet and exceed customer and user needs, with high customer satisfaction.
- Experienced in product measurement techniques, using telemetry data to influence future roadmap
- Demonstrable ability to manage a product with competing demands, articulating business value against resource deployed.
- Experience in working effectively across multiple business departments
- Proven ability to manage product planning
- A self-starter and self-sustaining, an adaptable and tenacious ability to execute tasks in a high-paced environment.
- Experience with the Microsoft Power Platform (Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps) is beneficial
Skills & Attributes Required
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Analytical and thorough
- A creative problem-solver
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Highly numerate and articulate
- Ability to decompose large problems into smaller tasks
- Able to work independently, manage own time and workload effectively and to deadlines
- Confident communicating with internal and external stakeholders at all levels