Middleweight Graphic Designer
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
£23k per year
Middleweight Graphic Designer
Salary: £23,000 per annum.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Job type: Permanent
Responsibilities of the Middleweight Graphic Designer:
- The creative execution of multichannel design assets for promotions, seasonal campaigns and concepts for our brands. This includes a range of day-to-day tasks as well as more long-term project work, overseen by the Global Creative & Content Manager.
- Provide high quality, creative artwork for both internal and external use. Create work that challenges the norm and pushes boundaries to make our brands stand out. Always with our customers in mind, creative assets should be innovative as well as error-free.
- Work in conjunction with the rest of the creative / content team to provide unique, innovative and strategic designs. Work as team to stress-test concepts, bounce ideas off each other and support / encourage the whole creative process.
- Produce consistent designs for various collateral - including (but not limited to) POS, printed materials, social assets (including animated gifs and basic video animations), website assets, email designs etc.
- Take product photographs in house and edit accordingly for use in design assets.
- Work to brand guidelines to produce consistent designs that will appeal to our target markets. Work with Global Creative & Content Manager to develop our guidelines and keep them up to date.
- Work with Global Creative & Content Manager to review effectiveness of each campaign and learn from this to implement future improvements.
- Work closely with members of wider marketing team - challenging briefs and suggesting fresh ideas for their channels. This communication is vital to creating a smooth workflow, highlighting any issues before they become a problem and delivering all creative to multiple deadlines.
- Keep up to date with design and industry trends to help shape our creative outputs. Have a true passion for seeking out inspiration in all forms.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and not be phased by working simultaneously on multiple tasks, often with tight deadlines. Ability to manage own workflow and deadlines (with appropriate guidance from Global Creative & Content Manager).
Requirements of the Middleweight Graphic Designer:
- 3+ years' experience (either agency or in-house) as a graphic designer with a highly creative portfolio of work - showcasing your creativity, strategic thinking across different channels and attention to detail.
- Highly confident in using Adobe CC Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign). You know the latest version of the software inside out and if there is any element which you're unsure of, you'll find out how to do it, showing that you're not shy of self-directed learning.
- Excellent typography and layout skills.
- Artworking and print production skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to communicate with clarity and confidence to internal team members and external print production company.
- Confident in presenting ideas / designs to Global Creative & Content Manager. Ability to take on board constructive feedback of work and be motivated to implement changes.
- Basic copywriting skills - headlines or messaging that match creative concepts.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to balance great design with meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be passionate and self-motivated to find solutions to problems that haven't been presented to you yet. You must have a positive, can-do attitude and be hard-working, efficient and driven.
- Experience in using Adobe Premier Pro and /or After Effects (desirable but not essential).
- Experience working with retail or beauty brands (desirable but not essential).
Benefits of becoming the Middleweight Graphic Designer:
- 3% pension contribution
- 1 x salary death in service
- 50% discount on hair services
- Access to company's online flexible benefits website
- 20 days holiday each year plus bank holidays
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Middleweight Graphic Designer, then please apply now!
Posted 10 days ago