Principal Software Design Engineer
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
£35k - 50k per year
My client are looking for a highly experienced software engineer that is prepared to take a key role in the design of their range of visual inspection systems, which is within the glass manufacturing industry. The Software Design Engineer will have ten years or more experience within the development of machine vision/image processing systems and associated algorithms. The position is very hands-on, involving designing and implementing software using UML and C++ to support current and future software projects. This is the ideal role for a Software Engineer who has chosen to follow a technical career path. My client are in a position to offer sponsorship to the successful candidate.
The Software Design Engineer will be expected to:
- Design and implement measurement systems software to specification.
- Work with other members of the software development team to meet project goals.
- Participate in the creation of product specifications.
- Assist with feasibility studies for new applications and projects.
- Follow the company software engineering standards and procedures.
There is potential opportunity for UK and overseas travel for the successful Software Design Engineer, if this would be of interest to the candidate.
- Fluent in C++ PC software development in MS Visual Studio or Embarcadero C++ Builder.
- Understanding of object-orientated software design and UML.
Knowledge of some of the following:
- Machine vision/image processing software techniques.
- Interfacing with real-world devices, such as cameras, sensors, motor drives, etc.
- Data analysis and display.
- User interface design.
Integration/communication with other computer systems.
- An analytical and methodical approach to solving problems, and able to work through them in a structured manner.
- A working knowledge of Windows PC use, including installing and configuring applications and connecting to networks.
- Conversant in the use of IT software, including word-processing, spreadsheets, email, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Posted 27 days ago