Delivery Driver/Dispatch Operative - West Heath | 6287 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Delivery Driver/Dispatch Operative
West Heath, Birmingham, England
£9.30 - 9.72 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is looking for a Delivery Driver/Dispatch Operative to join their team in Birmingham!
Hours of Work: 35 hrs Monday to Saturday between 2am and 6pm
Salary: £ - £ per hour
The Driver will be required to deliver products for the business across the UK and visiting customers including taking payments and loading/unloading products.
The Driver/Dispatch operative will also be required to work in the Dispatch area which includes collating/picking orders, loading them onto pallets and processing paperwork.
Delivery Driver/Dispatch Operative Duties:
- Process vehicle maintenance checks on interior/exterior and ensure vehicle is clean, fuel up vehicle from tank on our client's site when return from route
- Collate daily orders checks of stock against delivery invoices when loading stock onto the vehicle ensuring the load is evenly distributed to minimize damage to products.
- Maintain a smart appearance by wearing Company uniform at all times.
- Maintaining relationships with the customers to ensure orders are delivered to highest standard.
- Contact customers as necessary to obtain their requirements.
- Liaising with Dispatch on any order amendments or ensure stock is available onsite.
- Check temperature of vehicle and ensure temperature is documented and appropriate for product being carried.
- Liaise with Sales Administration regarding amendments to invoices or delivery notes.
- Ensure invoices or delivery notes are signed by the customers and any adjustments clearly shown.
- Notify Dispatch of any returned and unsold goods.
- Check out new customers and establish most economical route for delivery.
- Collect cash or cheques payments and log on to system when returned onsite.
- Report all defects/accidents to the Transport Supervisor and complete relevant forms.
- Deliver and collect vehicles from repairers as required.
- Complete all paperwork and quality control relevant to the vehicles.
- Ensure rotating of stock is done daily and throughout the day on First in First out principle (FIFO), move stock around between bulk storage and picking freezers and in chillers and freezer ensuring oldest stock is at the front.
- Collate and pick orders as per pick sheets on the 'First-in-First-out' (FIFO) principle and fill in batch codes on documentation.
- Pick and place orders on pallets for direct deliveries as per Pick-Sheet on the FIFO principle and fill in batch codes on documentation
- Pick and place on pallets orders for supermarkets as per Pick-Sheet on the FIFO principle, place relevant sheet and bar codes in correct position, fill in batch codes documentation.
- Amend and print existing bar codes labels for box conversion or for individual customers.
- Consult with Sales department regarding any discrepancies or queries with orders
- Carry out stock taking procedures daily or as required, pass stock sheet to production planning, advise on requirements.
- Check and record all products returned, replace in stock if products are ok or scrap if not.
- Also, complete details of boxes converted to 1dzs from 2dzs or visa versa.
- Assist in producing Daily Packing Plan as required and check actual against plan.
- Investigate and reconcile discrepancies with stock
- Ensure all products returned are adjusted on SAGE if necessary.
Delivery Driver/Dispatch Operative Requirements:
- Must have clean driving licence
- Would be useful to be FLT trained in both Counterbalance and Reach
- Be computer literate
- Have knowledge of Food Hygiene, Health & Safety, Hygiene rules
- Process documentation experience
If you think you are suitable for this Delivery Driver/Dispatch Operative role, please apply now!
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...