Waste Operative / Skilled Labourer
£18000 - £21000 per annum
A specialist FM company urgently requires a Waste Operative / Skilled Labourer.
Waste Operative / Skilled labourer Duties include:
- Performing general building and maintenance tasks
- Driving company vehicle to remove waste/foliage from various sites, loading and unloading the waste at tipping stations
- Operating and maintaining transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and customer courtesy; performing daily pretrip and posttrip vehicle inspections;
- Other services as requested by management when required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to drive the vehicle safely and appropriately, including the ability to read and interpret road signs in English; ability to work on your own or within a team
- Able to adapt to different workloads, to be able to email pictures from site to the office with IT skills accordingly, to be able to send/ receive emails, ability to read, communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers, coworkers, and upper level staff and employees; ability to prepare concise and accurate records.
- The role requires a DBS check to be carried out for working in schools and around vulnerable people.
- Good timekeeping and attention to detail.
- Experience in health and safety (CSCS Preferred)
Job Type: 6 month contract with potential to extend.
Salary: based on 8hr working day / additional hours may be required to complete tasks.
- Driving: 2 years (Required)
Full UK Licence:
- Driving licence (Required)
Posted 19 days ago