Copywriter - 5 Month Contract
Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA
- Write compelling and engaging customer-facing marketing copy, primarily DM and email
- Actively make sure brand guidelines are followed across Marketing, and act as an ambassador for the correct tone of voice
- Help teams across Marketing by subediting and proofreading copy to make sure it’s absolutely correct and on brand
This is what we’ll expect you to do. You’ll need to have:
- 1-2 years’ experience working either client-side or agency-side (within retail would be a bonus)
- exceptional and engaging writing ability
- an impressive portfolio of work
- a clear understanding of how copy – good or bad – can affect brand perception
- an unwavering dedication to high quality writing and grammatical accuracy
- the ability to adapt and tailor copy for different channels
- excellent sub-editing skills
- a creative mind that’s bubbling over with ideas
- an understanding of customer behaviours in the retail industry and how they can and have changed over time
- the ability to capture customers interest in one line.
All about you:
So that’s what we’d expect job-wise. As for what we’re looking for in the right person, you’ll be:
- a sociable type who enjoys working as part of a (dare we say lively, dynamic and fun) team
- a creative thinker who’s always looking for “a better way to say it”
- able to think of adjectives besides “delicious” and “tasty” on a daily basis
- well organised, flexible, pragmatic and a lateral thinker
- able to interpret guidelines and be an ambassador for them – a guardian of brand standards
- a good communicator who can build strong relationships with colleagues in marketing and beyond, lending them your language expertise to make sure they deliver the very best message to customers
- objective, thick-skinned, open to change and accepting of constructive criticism (because when it comes to copy and design, everyone’s a critic)
- able to defend your work and persuade colleagues to use it, while remaining flexible and collaborative
- someone with an inquisitive mind who’s motivated and always wants to do the right thing for our customers
- a stickler who’s eye twitches when they see a mistake – like in this very bullet point
- someone whose spotted (and is disproportionately annoyed by) the other handful of deliberate mistakes in this job spec and can list them
- a creative who has an aversion to corporate jargon (but who understands it and can translate it into everyday language)
- calm under pressure and able to take last minute briefs and changes in your strides
- able to think of an original alternative word to “passionate” when describing how you feel about really good copy.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligible 2017/18 earnings.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & - Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- Sunday and Out of Hours premiums available
Posted 17 days ago