Acoustic Consultant Warrington
£25000 - £30000 per annum
An opportunity has arisen to join a leading environmental consultancy providing noise consultancy services to the property, infrastructure, energy and environmental markets around the UK. Based near Warrington, the successful candidate will have an opportunity to work as part of a well established, successful team on a wide variety of exciting projects in the aviation, property, waste, and energy sectors.
Candidates should have a leaning towards Environmental Acoustics, but be willing to provide support to other environmental services provided by the team, such as Environmental Impact Assessment.
Core responsibilities of the position include:
- Preparation of standalone noise assessments;
- Input to Environmental Statements;
- Completion of environmental noise monitoring;
- Noise modelling using a recognized software package such as CADNAA;
- Client liaison and providing advice to design teams;
- Be able to work autonomously with excellent communication skills (including technical report writing).
The candidate we are seeking should be ambitious and ideally have:
- A degree, together with either the Institute of Acoustics Post Graduate Diploma in Acoustics Control, or an MSc in Acoustics;
- Associate Membership of the Institute of Acoustics;
- Experience of noise monitoring and assessment procedures including BS4142 and PPG24;
- A solid understanding of noise and vibration legislation, standards and best practice;
- Good technical knowledge of acoustics in the built and natural environment and be able to develop noise mitigation measures;
- An understanding of the Environmental Impact Assessment process;
- Previous experience working for an environmental or engineering consultancy with a variety of clients including contractors, developers, and house builders;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written;
- Commercial awareness together with a pragmatic, positive and proactive approach;
- The ability to work as part of a team delivering integrated services;
- A full UK Driving Licence.
Candidates with additional experience in other services including internal building acoustics, air quality, contaminated land, EIA, sustainability would be at a distinct advantage.
KEYWORDS Acoustics, Acoustic consultant, Noise, Sound, Vibration, CADNAA, Noise monitoring, Noise modeling, IOA, sound reduction index testing, amioa, mioa, ppg24, BB93, ppg24, end 2002/49/ce, bs4142, ISO 17025, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow.
Interested in this or other roles in Acoustics please do not hesitate to contact Amir Gharaati on email@example.com or call 01792 365 007. We have many more vacancies available on our website. Please refer to www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
Posted 38 days ago