Senior Carer - Easton | Zoek UK | 16623a
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Easton, Cambridgeshire, England
£10.08 - £10.62 Per Hour
Permanent (Full time)
Senior Carer - Easton Maudit
Salary: £ - £
Hours: Both Full & Part-time hours available. Covering both weekends & Bank Holidays
My client is a small rural charity that provides exceptional care and support for 19 – 60 years old with varying disabilities. The home is currently a residential home but over the next 2 years will be transitioning to supported living.
They are seeking outgoing care and support workers that would like to make a difference to disabled people. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic, and willing to think outside the box to improve the lives of those they support.
- Work as part of the Team to provide a caring and stimulating environment within which each individual is able to fulfil their own potential.
- Encourage and develop the people they support in developing skills and independence in all walks as life.
- Help and encourage the people they support to undertake a range of household tasks such as cleaning, washing, ironing and shopping in order to promote independence and life skills.
- Encourage them to maintain individual personal and hygiene needs as described in their care plans whilst ensuring any special needs or requirements are met.
- Lead shifts ensuring handovers are conducted.
- Ensure that the care team are well lead, directed, managed, and supported
- Ensure all activities and appointments allocated to the people they support are fulfilled and to liaise regularly with other Seniors and the Senior Management team
- Ensure all medication is administered to individual needs and requirements
- Ensure all standards of support and care are monitored and maintained to a high standard.
- Where appropriate attend meetings relevant to the people they support
- Carry out all duties in a professional and courteous manner
- Follow instructions and adhere to care plans and organisational policies in order to provide a high standard of personalised care in line with CQC Essential Standards for all Community residents
- Demonstrate awareness and understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of yourself and other persons.
- Comply with the legislation, policies and procedures relating to health and safety, staff training and supervision within the organisation.
- Record daily activities and refer any issues of concern to the Team Leader
- Use a range of lifting and transporting equipment as necessary to help and support tenants with limited mobility in accordance with appropriate training, policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other duties which fall within the broad spirit, scope, and purpose of this job description and which are commensurate with the skills level of the post.
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- NVQ Level 2 Health & Social Care or equivalent
- NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care or equivalent (Preferable) must be prepared to gain relevant qualification
- Have a passion for care and supporting others
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Always have and maintain high professional standards
- Hold a valid UK Driving Licence (Preferable)
- Contribute positively to a strong support staff team
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...