Marketplace Manager - Bradley Stoke | Zoek UK | 169b00c94ca74ccca56047be995ed827
Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 8EF, UK
£11.91 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
At GVC, our Retail Managers are great listeners, part of their local community, helping everyone be part of the entertainment we provide. They keep it real. Bring your character to a Retail Manager role and you can be yourself, building relationships with our customers and making sure that they enjoy our products and services responsibly. With flexibility, energy and great customer focus, we’ll support you to build a great career. For the good of entertainment.
Live chat with someone in our team now to find out more!
As a Marketplace Manager you will lead, engage and develop your shop teams to offer a great experience for all of our customers. You will have full accountability for your shop performance and the skills to motivate and encourage your teams to deliver the very best!
What will you be doing?
(Responsible for managing two, and in some limited cases three shops)
- Leading, developing and training the teams so they are able to deliver consistently exceptional customer service. Ensuring a great customer journey and resolving complaints and issues when necessary.
- Ensuring compliance with the following:
- Health and Safety procedures
- Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion Guidelines
- Security procedures
- Think 21
- Cost Control
- Maintaining high shop standards, taking pride in the shop and ensuring all colleagues adhere to the company uniform policy and focus on shop cleanliness.
- Responsible for ensuring the shop is cleaned on a regular basis and tidy at all times.
- Building strong shop teams through effective recruitment, induction and ongoing training and development.
- Managing the shop teams to ensure strong performance, high attendance levels and appropriate conduct.
- Developing the shop teams in their current role and supporting development for those with potential for future roles within the business.
- Encouraging the shop teams to understand the company's product offering, including in shop and online, to enable them to have confident conversations with customers.
- Managing all shop controllable costs within the agreed budget.
- Ensuring the teams have commercial awareness and understand how they can personally impact the shops’ profitability.
- Managing the shops’ profit and loss account.
- Effectively managing the shops rotas to ensure the shops are resourced correctly, operate within the optimum hours allocated, and are in line with the Working Time Directive.
- Supporting the area with rota management to ensure all shops are fully resourced and absence covered.
- Supporting the area with investigations, grievance meetings and formal performance meetings.
- Managing any absence calls efficiently, utilising the most cost effective resource to resolve.
- Ensuring annual leave is fairly proportioned across all colleagues.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Passion for delivering great customer service
- The ability to build strong relationships and communicate effectively
- Self-motivated with strong organisation skills
- Happy to work autonomously or part of team
- The ability to adapt and learn
- Ability to deal with tough situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ideally previous people management experience
- Ability to drive performance and achieve results
What can we offer you?
- A clear and achievable career path
- Full and comprehensive training programme
- Performance based incentives
- 28 days paid holiday (pro rata)
- Competitive salary and benefits
Posted 3 days ago