Customer Service Assistant - Newent | Zoek UK
Customer Service Assistant
Newent, Gloucestershire, England
£8.89 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
To provide an efficient and effective service to all our customers, understanding their needs and requirements and continually working to exceed their expectations wherever possible; ensuring that their store is recognised as an exceptional Community retailer.
However, occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the Society.
The post holder shall:
- Provide excellent customer service as required, taking pride in satisfying or exceeding our customer’s expectation and experience.
- Process customer orders at the checkout accurately and quickly.
- Ensure all areas are kept clean, tidy and adhere to safety practices.
- Ensure all product ranges are maintained and replenished at every opportunity following the guidelines that govern this area of activity.
- Maintain our high standard in relation to quality and availability of produce.
- Maintain an understanding of and always work in line with retail policies and procedures.
- Complete and implement all required statutory training.
- Ensure customer complaints are dealt with professionally and processed speedily in line with the Society’s complaints procedure.
- Ensure punctuality and personal appearance standards are met in line with the Society’s standards.
- Support fellow colleagues as appropriate and adhere to the Society’s values and principles.
- Use every opportunity to encourage membership of the society for customers and colleagues.
- Understands and can promote the importance attached to community based retailing.
- Be actively involved with community projects though Community Hours undertaken.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
The Customer Service Assistant may be required to work anywhere within the Society’s trading area and development opportunities are dependent upon performance and opportunities available.
In addition, all employees are expected to work within the terms of their contract of employment and adhere to Society policies and procedures.
- Gain commitment through encouraging membership.
- Committed to supporting the local community.
- Encourage diversity.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and on own.
- Understands the importance and the requirement for exceptional standards of store appearance.
- Customer focused.
- Displays interpersonal skills that will deliver outstanding customer service.
- Is committed to health and safety and understands the legislative requirements.
- Has an awareness of environmental issues & requirements.
- Shares ideas.
- Understands the importance of managing shrinkage and recycling wherever possible.
- Has experience of working towards maximising sales.