Project Manager (Procurement)
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Logistics done differently.
Have you got a project management background with a desire to push on to bigger and better things? Are you confident in your ability to lead projects from the front, influencing stakeholders along the way? Are you ready to develop yourself within a business that will grow alongside you?
We’re looking for a Procurement Project Manager to join us at our head office in Northampton on a full-time, permanent basis. You’ll apply your project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to specific procurement-related projects, ensuring delivery within scope, budget and timelines.
Pay, benefits and more:
We’re looking to offer a competitive salary for this role. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday pay (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Lead a range of projects related to procurement, from small-scale procurement that only require reporting and update management through to large-scale project implementations
- Be the go-to for new business implementations relating to procurement, as well as exiting sites & operations, effectively liaising with the wider business
- Validate, challenge and improve the quality of information and data in order to be able to assess related business implications
- Design and facilitate effective project meetings to ensure maximum contribution from all participants
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- A background and understanding of the fundamentals of project management, with Prince2 qualification (or be working towards this) – if you have exposure to procurement, this would be a huge bonus
- The ability to effectively influence, collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- An analytical approach, a high level of attention to detail and a structured and methodical mindset
- A high level of proficiency with a broad range of Microsoft Office packages, such as MSP, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel
Be part of something big.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.