Manchester - This Area Only
10.8100 - 11.8100
Temporary (Full time)
Job Title: Medical Secretary
Location/Trust: Wythenshawe Hospital
Department: Respiratory Medicine
Band/Pay rate: £ per hour
Hours: per week Monday-Friday -
Placement Ref: 45028
Can you bring your excellent medical secretarial skills and knowledge to our Respiratory department?
Would you like to be part of a team that works well together, always there to help each other? Would you like to work in a Trust that recently had good in their CQC report? This location is easily accessible by public transport and has onsite parking.
If you answered yes, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust would love to hear from you.
We have a temporary placement opportunity available for a Medical Secretary at Wythenshawe Hospital.
You will be providing the following support to the team:
- Maintain efficient office systems for filing, maintaining correspondence and progressing work ensuring appropriate actions are taken.
- Provide administration and secretarial duties through, audio-typing, photocopying, distribution and filing of all correspondence.
- Contribute to best practice and assist in developing working practice in the unit/team to deliver an efficient and effective administration service, ensuring Trust priorities.
- Arranging appointments and admissions, working to Trust priorities and deadlines, liaising with departments and external bodies as appropriate.
- Answer the telephone ensuring correct messages are taken and distributed/actioned accordingly. Receive and record referrals, deal with general enquiries.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail, distribute and action as necessary.
- Use of Patient Administration, Winscribe and PAS systems to track clinical appointments, locate medical notes, obtain copies of clinical letters and produce clinic lists.
- Ensure all visitors to the department are dealt with quickly, efficiently and in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist with the compilation, collation, production and dispatching of various documents, reports and papers.
The skills required are:
- Audio typing experience
- Excellent telephone manner
- Experience working with systems such as Lorenzo, Winscribe and EPR/P
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to maintain a calm manner in a range of challenging emotive circumstances.
- Good telephone manner
Wythenshawe Hospital is located on Southmoor Road, Wythenshawe M23 9LT and it is easily accessible via both car and public transport. There is on-site parking (Fees will apply) in the multi storey car parks on Grafton Street and Hathersage Road. There is a café where drinks and light snacks are available.
In return for your hard work commitment NHS Professionals (NHSP) can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
- Competitive Pay Rates- work this week, get paid next week!
- First choice of placements at over 50 NHS Trusts in England
- Dedicated consultants
- Flexible working options
- Free DBS and free training
- Build holiday allowance
- Support when you need it - 24/7 365 days
- Stakeholder pension scheme
Who are NHS Professionals?
NHS Professionals (NHSP), owned by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), works in partnership with hospital trusts to provide a bank of highly skilled temporary workers who want to work flexibly within the NHS.
Working through the NHSP bank means Trusts don't have to rely on expensive agencies. Right now, we have over 130,000 members registered on our bank from various roles, grades and specialities, saving the NHS over £70 million each year. This money is then reinvested back into the NHS.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion
Please note that you will be contacted via e-mail throughout the recruitment process, so please check your e-mails regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Successful applicants will be contacted after the closing date.