Permanent (Full time)
Element has an opportunity for a Credit Controller to join our expanding team in Edinburgh on a 18 month, permanent fixed term contract. In this role you will be responsible for credit control of designated customer ledgers. This role will offer considerable opportunity for the right person to develop and contribute to a critical area of a fast growing business which has plans to double in size by 2025.
- Support continuous improvements in cash collection and DSO performance
- Calling national and international customers for payment of overdue invoices
- Lead weekly conference calls with the business to highlight late paying accounts with defined
- actions and timelines agreed to resolve disputes
- Credit control of designated ledger of customers in line with Element collections policy
- Matching of unallocated cash and contact to customers to acquire remittance advices
- Escalation of late paying accounts to the Credit Control Manager and to the business
- Stop and off stop management on designated ledger of Customer accounts
As a Credit Controller at Element you will need to have:
- Experience of working in a similar position
- Experience of working in a target driven environment
- Good working knowledge of accounting and VAT
- Finance or accounting qualification is advantageous but not essential
To be successful an individual should have the following:
- Customer service mindset
- Effective communication
- Team player mentality
- Self-starter; can work independently, proactively and on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise and manage a number of projects
To apply please email**@**
Element is one of the fastest growing testing, inspection and certification businesses in the world. Globally we have more than 6,500 brilliant minds operating from 200 sites across 30 countries. Together we share an ambitious purpose to ‘Make tomorrow safer than today’.
When failure in use is not an option, we help customers make certain that their products, materials, processes and services are safe, compliant and fit for purpose. From early R&D, through complex regulatory approvals and into production, our global laboratory network of scientists, engineers, and technologists support customers to achieve assurance over product quality, sustainable outcomes, and market access.
While we are proud of our global reach, working at Element feels like being part of a smaller company. We empower you to take charge of your career, and reward excellence and integrity with growth and development.
Industries across the world depend on our care, attention to detail and the absolute accuracy of our work. The role we have to play in creating a safer world is much bigger than our organization.
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Element is proud to be a full member of the Testing, Inspection & Certification Council (the “TIC Council”), an international association representing independent testing, inspection and certification companies.
Members of the TIC Council must implement and abide by the TIC Council Compliance Code. Element has therefore issued an overarching Code of Conduct which is supported by our Compliance Programme. A copy of the Code of Conduct and more information about our Compliance Programme can be found in the Governance and Integrity section of .