Belfast, Northern Ireland
£18,000.00 per year
Unspecified (Full time)
Donard Recruitment are working with a market leading utility's company to recruit for a finance assistant to support the Senior Assistant Accountant and Finance Manager in providing a confidential and customer focused finance service to the organisation.
The successful applicant will be required to work Monday-Thursday -5pm and Friday -.
The starting salary is £18,000 per annum with a review to increase on completion of the 6-month probation period.
· Processing large volumes of data on Sage ledgers quickly and accurately with attention to detail.
· Supporting the stock management processes, processing stock movements and generating store re-order reports. Assisting in periodic stock takes.
· Registering Purchase Ledger invoices and matching them to Goods Received notes, ensuring accurate pricing and liaising with suppliers regarding discrepancies and to request credit notes if required.
· Processing purchase requisitions. Raising purchase orders on the Sage accounting system and issuing these to suppliers.
· Reconciliation of statements and preparing government returns.
· Daily banking procedures. Processing daily bank lodgements in a timely manner and ensuring all relevant paperwork is passed on to the relevant person.
· Assisting in month end procedures by processing journals and preparing month end reconciliations for bank and fixed assets.
· Responsibility for general administration duties pertaining to the role including filing paperwork.
· Any other duties conducive to the effective operation of the post which the Company deem to be within the post holder’s competence. Operational requirements of the business may dictate that overtime may be required
· 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English (grade A- C)
· Experience within an office environment
· Excellent communication skills.
· IT Literate particularly with Microsoft Excel.
· High standard of numeracy, accuracy, and attention to detail.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills.
· Ability to process high volumes of data with speed and accuracy.
· Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Experience with account procedures, aged debt ledgers, reconciliation etc.
· Experience of working with accounting packages.
· Experience in dealing with customers, both corporate and individual.
· Experience of working within an accounting environment.
· £18K PA
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £18, per year
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday