Burnley, Lancashire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Exertis is the leading technology distributor of consumer, business and enterprise products from established and emerging technology brands, and a wholly owned subsidiary of parent company DCC plc. Exertis is proud to be part of DCC plc; an ambitious and entrepreneurial FTSE 100 company. DCC plc employs approximately 13,000 people across four divisions and operates in 21 countries. To find out more visit . After 40 years of profitability Exertis continues to outperform the market, achieving revenues of £ billion in FY2021. Exertis partners with 2,400 brands across 21 countries. With products spanning across mobile, computing and accessories, consumer electronics, print, networking, servers and solutions, unified communications, security and AV solutions. Exertis market-leading approach teamed with a state-of-the-art distribution centre, next day delivery and a host of managed services, including end-user fulfilment, assures the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction at all times.
At Exertis, we thrive in a company culture that is driven to deliver more for customers. Our employees are committed, proactive and motivated. This dynamic environment contributes to a thriving growth-focused culture throughout Exertis, providing many career opportunities that span sales, commercial and corporate activities.
Hours will be rotating 6-2 2-10
- PI Counts accurately completed
- PI Count System admin
- Daily Triage & Putbacks
- Stock Investigations
- QC Checks
- Stock movement/consolidation
- Process compliance
- Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the DCC Group Code of Conduct
- Promote the values and behaviours of Exertis
- To be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated, have strong team player skills as well as being able to work on your own initiative.
- Demonstrate commitment to providing a quality service and have a flexible, positive and logical approach
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication
- A good understanding of SAP
- Understanding of key stock control principles
- Good levels of IT skills, including Excel and Word.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
What’s in it for you
It’s important to us that our people love what they do and in turn we put together a benefits package that rewards a job well done. We’ll give you:
- 23 days holiday from start increasing up to a maximum of 27 days with length of service
- Access to a Medical Cash plan provided by Healthshield
- Income protection scheme (including access to a wellness early intervention scheme)
- Access to cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Death in service
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Loyalty award at key service milestones
- Enhanced, Maternity, Shared Parental, Paternity and Adoption pay
We value diversity and inclusion and champion a culture where everyone feels valued, included and celebrated. We’re open to conversations about flexible working. If it’s right for our customers, our business and for you then we’ll do what we can to support it.