Payments Specialist, Payment Operations Team - Visa Payments Ltd
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Visa Payments Limited is a fast growing division of Visa Direct, created out of Earthport Plc which was acquired by Visa in May 2019. The business is focused on developing Visa’s cross-border pay through account product using its industry leading**Banking network.**
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, you’ll be part of an exciting high growth, business, helping to shape the global payments experience.
If you think you could support Visa Payments Limited as a Payment Specialist,we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
The Payments Specialist is an important role and is responsible for the execution and completion of payment processing, liquidity management and exception handling processes and tasks.
The Payment Operations team is a core function within Visa Payments Ltd and is responsible for the timely execution of all processing activities and associated operational tasks to ensure the effective day to day running of Visa payment services. The team is made up of 5 Senior analysts and 9 analysts and sits within the Payment and Service Operations department which includes Client Support and Service Management. The team is not client facing but does regularly interact with our network of Partners.
This role will have full oversight/responsibility of the new “Accelerated Payout” payment service that will allow clients to deliver funds directly to VPL accounts in London. The service will also allow clients to control the timing of funding, so that VPL can move funds into position to deliver payments more quickly.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Daily execution of payments, including Faster Payments, International Payments/SWIFT, ACH domestic payments, and global real time payment schemes, in line with the agreed cut offs for JIT
- Manage the correct allocation of incoming liquidity within agreed times scales
- Investigate and correctly resolve payment exceptions, (. rejections, returns, failures, etc.)
- Correspond and liaise with Network Partners through email, telephone, and the SWIFT network to resolve issues as quickly as possible and minimise service/client impact
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the payments platform and our global network of Payment Partners
- Actively seek to improve processes, workflows and tooling
- Support the identification, management and resolution of service affecting incidents
- Manage your time effectively to ensure all critical tasks are completed and deadlines achieved
- Collaborate with Compliance to ensure payments are not delayed and cut-off times are achieved
- Collaborate with Treasury to support the daily liquidity management process