Head of Carbon Services
Kirkham, North Yorkshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as Head of Carbon Services, within this role you will be responsible for our commercial, and public sector customers in understanding and disclosing their full carbon footprints and overseeing the development of strategies for setting and achieving ambitious carbon reduction targets. You will also share responsibility for the development of our strategy and services in this area.
Your Main Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Manage the workload of the team and ensure that client deliverables are met and exceeded
* Support data analysis and report production in the delivery of strategic carbon management and reporting services, with focus on:
- Scope 3 Inventories
- Net Zero Strategy development
- Science Based Targets and supporting our ESG division with related activities
* Be responsible for the quality of the delivery process and client experience in this area
* Oversee the development of analytical tools and communications materials
* Continual improvement of delivered product and expansion of service offering
* Provide management information to inform business decisions
* Lead internal and external stakeholder meetings as required, managing the communication of progress updates internally and with customers
* Mentor and develop direct reports fostering a high-performance team culture.
Qualifications and Essential Experience Required:
* Management experience with multiple direct reports
* Degree in STEM discipline or equivalent professional experience
* Knowledge of climate change mitigation and Net Zero strategies and the global and national policy drivers
* Experience of advanced carbon reporting & compliance schemes such as CDP and SBTi
* Experience of environmental and/or carbon footprint data verification/ assurance (inclusive of Scope 3 inventories)
* 5+ years of experience in consultancy or analytical roles, focusing on energy, carbon, or broader environmental management.
* Management experience of teams in a fast-moving environment
* Understanding of Carbon and Environmental reporting requirements
* Positive attitude, with integrity & strong self-motivation
* Ability and a desire to develop team members knowledge and skill base
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
* Effective face-to-face communicator with a professional approach
Why work for us:
* Training and Development. 4pm Friday Finish. Bonus Scheme. Sharesave Scheme. Flexible hours.
Please Note: This role does include some travel and may be subjected to overnight stays.
If you are interested in this role and would like to be considered, please apply below and our recruitment team will be in touch. Good Luck!