Supply Primary Teacher
Luton - This Area Only
Temporary (Full time)
Role: Teacher (Supply)
Connect2Luton are excited to recruit a supply teacher on behalf of Luton Borough Council.
About the Role
The role will require you to work in a lovely school in Luton for 1-2 months. You will be teaching a year 4 group and the hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm
- Deliver lessons effectively
- Plan engaging and relevant lessons
- Give regular feedback to learners
- Support learners with their studies
As a**Teacher,**you will be responsible to:
- To provide practical support in the classroom to students who have recognised learning needs, supporting them to reach their full potential.
- To consider our student's learning needs and ensure their access to the lesson and its content through appropriate clarification, explanations, and use of materials and equipment.
- To provide support for students' emotional and social needs by encouraging and positive behaviour.
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, security confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate staff member.
Skills and Experience
- Good organisational skills
- Flexibility and creativity
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- At least 6 months in a school setting.
- Must be on the enhanced DBS system.
- Ability to manage groups of pupils and deal with challenging behaviour
Luton Borough Council has partnered with Kent County Council to create Connect2Luton; a recruitment managed service for all contingent temporary agency, contract, and interim roles at the Council.
Our heritage and being local government-owned means we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise within the public sector, with many of our employees having previously worked for the Council or have supplied previously into the Council for several years.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and business that positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Connect2Luton, part of Luton Borough Council & Kent Commercial Services LLP, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.