Personal Assistant - St Clears
Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire, Wales
Permanent (Full time)
A committed, caring and flexible Personal Assistant is required to support a lady in a wheelchair for 5 hours a week with her social needs. She enjoys going for a drive to local beauty spots and having lunch/coffee every Friday. The hours can be worked flexibly and agreed in advance. Encourage to visit local sites of interest and beauty spots that are wheelchair friendly. Must be comfortable driving her wheelchair accessible car. Training can be provided as required and where available support an independent lifestyle both at home and in the community.
- Supporting the employer with encouragement in gaining independence
- Enabling the employer to interact socially in their community
- Providing support to the employer whilst shopping and attending activities of interest
- Supporting the employer to develop independent living skills
- To provide companionship in the employer’s home, including engaging in conversation with the employer and providing them with social interaction
- Encouraging the employer to attend appointments
- Ensuring the employer’s safety at all times during your working hours
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks that are requested by the employer during your working hours
- To ensure compliance with Data Protection Act.
- Be mindful of safeguarding issues, and feedback any concerns to Carmarthenshire County Council immediately on#########
- Be responsible for contacting the GP, Social Worker or Local Authority should the employer need medical assistance.
This post is funded through the Direct Payments scheme and is intended to enable the individual to manage their support independently. Training can be provided as required and where available. Must have own transport and a full, clean driving licence.
A Disclosure Barring Service Check (DBS) / criminal record check will require to be undertaken for this post. This will be completed on acceptance of job offer.
This position was posted by the Direct Payments Support service on behalf of the Direct Payment Recipient. The Direct Payment Recipient is the employer. They hold all the employer’s responsibilities associated with this role. Carmarthenshire County Council supports them to fulfil their employer obligations.