Cheadle Hulme, Stockport, England
£28000 - £33000/annum Comprehensive Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
A leading, successful and reputable Lending Specialist currently requires an Underwriter to join its busy and vibrant team
Its reputation for supporting financial advisers, property developers and homeowners, coupled with our approach to cutting-edge technology and effective process management has helped them to attract thousands of customers over the years. It has been shaping the specialist lending market, ensuring our combined expertise in lending and broking leads change, creates opportunities and positively impacts its customers.
The overall responsibility of the role is to take ownership of allocated cases from inception through to completion.
* Underwriting and assessing loan documentation, including valuation reports and requesting additional information from brokers where required, highlighting any concerns
* Carrying out checks on the applicants and properties and assessing their suitability for the loan applied for
* Proactive chasing of outstanding information from third parties and timely updates to introducers to enable service excellence
* Recommending and referring cases to Credit Committee where credit committee approval required.
* Liaising with introducers, valuers and solicitors
* Overseeing cases from inception through to completion
Skills & Competencies
* Pass internal competency tests post induction
* Attention to detail
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Good written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge & Qualifications
* A strong understanding of FCA regulation
* Experience underwriting mortgage applications, specifically within the 2nd charge
* CeMAP (desirable, not essential)
* Well organised
* Robust and comfortable working to deadline and under pressure
You will recieve a competitive base salary and benefits which include; 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications