Witness Statement Paralegal
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Keywords: witness statement, paralegal, in-house
Job Title: Witness Statement Paralegal
Job reference: SDA/333500A
Job description: We are recruiting for a well-established in-house organisation in Manchester City Centre, who are looking for a Witness Statement Paralegal to join them on a temporary on-going basis.
As part of a case team, they are looking for someone to provide legal support to qualified solicitors/barristers and investigation officers in the preparation and progression of fitness to practise casework.
Day to day:
- To review case documents and available evidence and liaise with case team to determine what information we require from witnesses and to draft witness interview plans accordingly
- To contact witnesses to arrange interviews, assessing each witness's needs and providing reasonable adjustments when necessary
- To conduct witness interviews and have sole responsibility for drafting statements, liaising with witnesses for amendments and obtaining signed statements
- To meet operational Service Level Agreements and provide completed statements within the requisite time period
- To provide full support at tribunals and court hearings to counsel and witnesses (if required)
- To effectively interact with other parties, stakeholders and customers, including doctors, witnesses, counsel and doctors' representatives
- To adhere to agreed administrative procedures, including electronic records management
- Any other reasonable duties as may be assigned from time to time
The successful candidate will have previous experience taking witness statements and working as a paralegal.
Hourly rate: £ including holiday pay
Hours per Week: Full time
To discuss this role in more detail please contact Sophie Anderson on or by calling on .
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.