Ground Systems Engineer
Abingdon, Oxfordshire, England
£48000 - £58000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Are you an experienced Ground Systems Engineer looking for an exciting new career challenge?
Would you like to be part of a pioneering and innovative space company that is growing quickly worldwide, and working a passionate and supportive engineering team?
As Ground Systems Engineer you will be rewarded with a very competitive salary, excellent selection of benefits, hybrid working and be responsible for:
* Supporting/leading the development of ground systems including Mission Control System, Mission Planning System, Ground Stations Interface System.
* Deriving requirements for the ground segment in general and for specific components.
* Following the Agile (SCRUM) methodology to ensure implementation of the requirements and maintain the schedule.
* Producing and maintaining project documentation to good standard including requirements, verification and validation plan, test procedures, test reports, etc.
* Performing verification & validation of the systems with other team members while ensuring requirements are met, including systems tests and simulation campaigns.
* Providing support / training on the ground systems.
* Performing maintenance of the ground systems while being the interfacing point between the operations team and the developers to resolve technical issues.
To be considered for the role of Ground Systems Engineer you will need to:
* Be educated to BSc level or equivalent in Computer Science, Telecommunications, or other relevant engineering discipline.
* Have strong commercial experience in ground systems engineering.
* Have an overall knowledge of the main components of a ground segment and how they interact between them.
* Have an overall understanding/knowledge of space mission design/development and standard milestones.
* Have good knowledge of Requirements Engineering.
* Have experience with Mission Control Systems, preferably based on SCOS-2000; Automation Systems and Mission Planning Systems; and Ground Stations/Antenna communications.
* Have strong knowledge of Scrum as being part of development team or Product Owner.
* Have knowledge of C++ and/or Java programming languages.
* Have good understanding of Linux system administration, shell scripts, make, etc.
Bluestream Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an as an Employment Business for temporary / contract recruitment