Data Protection Manager - Chippenham | Zoek UK
Data Protection Manager
£37579.00 - £47337.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Data Protection Manager Chippenham, Wiltshire Salary
While professional experience and qualifications are key for this role, make sure to check you have the preferable soft skills before applying if required.
- £47,337 (+ £750 Car Allowance) per annum – depending on skills and experience Contract type – Permanent Working hours – Full Time About the role Our client now has an exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Manager to join them on a permanent full time basis.
The Data Protection Manager is the statutory Data Protection Officer (DPO) registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The DPO’s tasks are defined in Article 39 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as:
- to inform and advise the business about its obligations to comply with the GDPR and other data protection laws;
- to monitor compliance with the GDPR and other data protection laws, and with data protection policies, including managing internal data protection activities; raising awareness of data protection issues, training staff and conducting internal audits;
- to advise on, and to monitor, data protection impact assessments;
- to cooperate with the supervisory authority; and
- to be the first point of contact for supervisory authorities and for individuals whose data is processed (employees, customers etc) You will be a key member of the Risk and Assurance Team, having responsibilities for working with people at all levels of the organisation to improve awareness of and compliance with all matters relating to data protection.
You will be exposed to a high level of sensitive information and have a wide-ranging remit in terms of subject matter and influence.
About you It is essential that you have a GDPR specific qualification .
BCS (ISEB) Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection, CIPP/E or CIPM or Practitioner Certificate in Data Protection/Privacy.
You must have an in- depth knowledge of information-related legislation and awareness of future developments in such areas and extensive practical data protection and information management experience.
You will also possess a clear understanding of the ‘internal customer’ and have the ability to prioritise, solve problems and make decisions using your own initiative whilst maintaining a high level of planning and coordination skills.
The ability to use project management disciplines and methodologies will be required along with being able to provide support with project management, planning and administration as required Benefits In support and recognition of their colleagues who will help them deliver their employer strategy, they offer a fantastic benefits package.
This includes; annual holiday entitlement (plus statutory bank holidays); a defined contribution pension scheme; trust based flexible working and a Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP).
All individuals who apply to work with our client are considered on their merits in line with their Diversity and Inclusion strategy and policy.
They are a Disability Confident Employer therefore they actively encourage applications from individuals with disabilities and try to provide access, adjustments, equipment or other practical support where required.
All applicants with a disability who meet the ‘essential eligibility criteria’ for the role, as detailed in the job description, are guaranteed an interview.
If you need any assistance, adjustments or adaptations throughout our selection processes please let them know