Head Chef Port William, Trebarwith Strand, Tintagel £Competitive
Our passionate team at Port William, Trebarwith Strand are looking for an inspiring Head Chef to lead their kitchen.
The Port William at Trebarwith Strand is a dog-friendly, eight bedroomed boutique hotel style coastal inn with contemporary dcor and far-reaching sea views. Join our team of enthusiastic, talented and positive individuals who are proud to work for a growing and diverse company.
What it’s like to be Head Chef:
Taking the helm in the kitchen at Port William, as Head Chef we want you to treat the kitchen as your own. You’re an expert in what you do, so we’ll encourage your creativity, dedication and skill to build a brilliant, buzzing and proud team delivering wonderful seasonal, locally-sourced food which delights our guests.
Working closely with the General Manager and leading your hard-working and committed team, you’ll:
- Juggle all elements of operational and commercial management for the kitchen, controlling stock and food margin meticulously
- Enjoy being a hands-on member of the busy operation, working shoulder-to-shoulder with your team to create fabulous food
- Thrive on being a role model to your team who turn to you for support and development, inspiring them to strive for the best in everything they do
- Be proud of your immaculately clean and safe kitchen
- Play a vital role in the development of enticing and tasty menus that are irresistible to your guests
Our people say they’re really proud of their pubs, guest houses and hotels and that the personal development we offer sets us aside from the rest when it comes to a career in hospitality. As well as the package you would expect for such a pivotal management role, we also offer great benefits including exceptional bonus potential.
Your passion for fresh, local food and inspiring a hardworking kitchen team to deliver their absolute best is what gets you up in the morning.
You’re understandably proud of what you’ve achieved in your career as a Chef successfully running a buzzing high-volume kitchen in a food-led venue. You’re a natural when it comes to communicating, thrive when under pressure and get great satisfaction from motivating your team. Your experience will have seen you:
- Develop passion and enthusiasm for creating fantastic locally-sourced, seasonal food that wows your guests
- Build and lead exceptional team of people
- Experienced in all areas of kitchen management including great success in stock and margin management
- Hold a Food Hygiene Certificate and ideally have gained NVQ Level 2
- Build your knowledge and skill through over 2 years of managing a kitchen
Our venues are exciting places to be, dynamic, high volume and fast paced whilst also offering high quality locally-sourced food and outstanding beers. The desirable locations across the South West mean our pubs experience significant seasonal demand over the summer.
As part of the St Austell Brewery family, we are proud of our heritage and independence. We remain family owned with family values. We’re delighted to have been awarded the Investors in People Gold status to acknowledge what we have created for our people.
We produce award-winning beers and have pubs and hotels spanning across the South West from Bath and Bristol to the Isles of Scilly.
If this sounds like the job for you, then we would love to hear from you and learn more about you. Select the apply button shown to begin the application process.
We will deal with your application in the strictest of confidence and welcome applications from people of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities, religions or sexual orientation authorised to work within the UK.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Head Chef, Kitchen Manager, Catering Manager, Senior Chef, Head Caterer, Head Cook, Kitchen Supervisor, Chef.
Posted 44 days ago