Support Worker - Gosport | Zoek UK
Support Worker - Bank Support - No Experience Necessary
Gosport, Hampshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Bank Support Worker in Gosport – No Experience Necessary.
Community Integrated Care is recruiting for Support Workers in your town! We can offer you a flexible ‘bank’ contract, where you can find shifts that fit around your existing commitments.
You will be joining an organisation that is nationally recognised as the Charity Times ‘Charity of the Year’, celebrating the amazing work of our colleagues.
As a Support Worker, you will support people who have learning disabilities, autism, mental health concerns or dementia with their daily routines. You’ll be changing lives for the better and will gain brilliant life-skills and experiences as a result.
We’re looking for candidates who are kind, dedicated and have a passion for people. Prior experience of working in care isn’t necessary, because we will give you all the support that you need to be a success.
We have immediate opportunities available. You may even be able to receive your training and induction over the coming days and start earning money from next week!
When you apply for this vacancy online, a member of our friendly team will call you for a brief initial telephone interview. They’ll help you understand the opportunities that we have available locally and match you to the right job opportunity.
We’re passionate about developing our own people and many find that a start as a Bank Support Worker leads to other exciting opportunities. Many Bank Support Workers go on to find permanent roles within our charity and enjoy further progress.
If you are looking to find a job where you can really make a difference – and perhaps start an exciting new journey in your own life – apply today.
Previous experience is not essential as we provide a comprehensive induction training programme.
Our ideal Support Worker will be:
- Self-motivated with energy and drive
- Reliable, friendly and caring to support the people we support to achieve their everyday goals (including personal care)
- Able to support in house activities and hobbies
- Confident and inspire the person we support to achieve more
- Able to help manage some behaviours that may challenge the norm – we provide training and guidance to enable you to do this
- Comfortable using basic IT systems that are required within the role - training can be offered to support this area
It is also important that you share our company values which are at the heart of everything we do and ensure that we deliver high quality, consistent care and support.
As part of the selection process you will have an opportunity to meet the people you will be supporting in their home environment. This will allow you to see first-hand their wonderful personalities and fully understand the level of care and support that is required.
In return, we offer you a rewarding role with the opportunity to develop your skills and future career in a rewarding and enriching environment.
We also offer the following;
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on going learning and development
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee of the month and other recognition schemes
- We will also pay for your DBS
- At Community Integrated Care, we value all colleagues regardless of age and are proud to offer pay over the statutory minimum set for young workers once probation has been successfully completed
Community Integrated Care is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.