Support Worker for PRU
Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England
£65 - 75 per day
Support Worker for PRU
- September 2019 start
- £65 - £75 per day
- Long term contract through Vision for Education
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Support Worker to join our successful supply team work in a PRU. This is a Support role, which will commence From September 2019 until the end of the academic year, with the potential to become a permanent post (cannot be guaranteed that the role will go permanent).
Recruiting for a Pupil Referral Unit based in Wakefield who have a rare requirement for a Support Worker on a long-term basis.
This role is to Support KS3 students in their daily routine within a Pupil Referral Unit. This role can be extremely challenging at times however very rewarding for a Support Worker who is looking to make a difference in young learner's lives.
We are currently recruiting for a Pupil Referral Unit which cater for students who are no longer in mainstream education. This particular setting cater for Male and Female Secondary students across KS3 - KS5. Class sizes vary but generally have 6 - 10 pupils maximum who may present challenging behaviours at times.
To be considered for the Support Worker for PRU position, you will:
- Have experience of working in a similar environment.
Be experienced with Challenging Behaviour.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
- Ideally be Team Teach trained however this is not essential as Vision for Education offer free CPD training.
- Be a positive role model.
Experience working in a PRU or a similar setting with children, young people or adults is essential for this role. Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team today!
Posted 5 days ago