Up to £25000 per annum
If you an experienced Field Service EngineerPlant, looking to be more office based where you can use your experience to support other Service Engineers and Customers and you have excellent organisational skills, please contact me regarding the detailed role below, great opportunity
In your new role You will be responsible for the day to day running of the company workshop and service engineers at the Lancashire Depot. The role is ideally suited to an individual who has hands on experience in the repair and maintenance of construction equipment and is now looking to change their career path to be office based
You will be dealing with Customers, to assist with their issues on any equipment that suffers from a technical problem, so the ability to understand and read technical bulletins and drawings from their manufacturers is a desired skill set.
You will have the overall control of the company engineers for the area, so a good geographical knowledge and ability to plan staff workloads in an efficient manner is essential.
You will need to liaise with the customers and manufacturers so strong communication skills essential
You will report to the depot director and when required will assist in the day to day business needs which will include serving customers over our trade counter and the processing of parts orders.
- Plan staff workloads
- Ensure requests for payment are submitted in a timely manner
- Maintain return rates
- Ability to set timescales to own tasks to enable completion of duties
- Ensure all tasks are carried out with a level of urgency and within a timely manner
- To manage administration tasks and complete all service and repair records accurately
- Work well under pressure and retain a positive attitude to customer service
- Maintain health and safety to company and HSE regulations
- Previous technical experience in a construction plant environment
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction industry
- Ability to work under own initiative and meet deadlines
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Full driving licence as may be required to visit Clients and Field Engineers
To be considered for this role you will require experience with:
- The servicing of plant machinery
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, data sheets
- Experience of supervising / managing staff
- Understanding of Health & Safety within a mechanical service environment
- Good communicator with strong customer facing skills, written and verbal communication skills and creative problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Comprehensive industry knowledge
This is a permanent position Working hoursDays
Omega Resource Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Posted 6 days ago