IT Development Manager Brighton | Zoek
IT Development Manager Brighton
Brighton, East Sussex
£60000 - £70000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
IT Development Manager Brighton 6070k
My government regulatory client in the fantastic south coast town of Brighton are looking to add to their Senior Leadership team.
You will manage the development, configuration and maintenance of their software systems in line with business priorities, with a focus on creating and maintaining online portals to support stakeholders. They require someone who will be an ambassador for IT internally, working with the IT Director across the business, to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between directorates to deliver transformational solutions.
- Provide BAU support for software applications, web portals and databases
- Provide guidance and advice and be the key point of contact for IT development issues between the Business and IT
- Deliver solutions as defined by the change portfolio
- Develop, mentor, coach, guide and improve the capabilities of the IT Development Team, whilst balancing resources with supply and demand in the portfolio
- Continuously improve development methodologies, processes and standards
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Ability to solve technology problems, whether defects in existing systems or solutions for new systems through effective management of the IT Development Team
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC development methodologies and IT processes (Agile, Waterfall, Testing ITIL) together with technical design skills
- Strong understanding of coding standards and principles including Object Oriented Design (SOLID)
- Strong experience using Microsoft development technologies, including .Net, SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Sitecore, SQL Server, Azure Power App, App Logic
- Good understanding of DevOps principles and ways to optimise quality and deliver software systems in close alignment with business objectives
- Proactive and flexible
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management with excellent negotiating skills
- Communication skills at all levels
- Personable and a team player
Salary and benefits
Civil Service Pension arrangements, which are recognised as some of the best in the pensions world
Discretionary bonus arrangements
Access to performance related pay progression
25 days annual leave provision
Flexible working arrangements / 32 hour week
enhanced parental leave arrangements
A free employee assistance programme
An excellent office location in Brighton.
They provide an exciting, supportive and flexible working environment, and are committed to helping people meet their full potential.
To learn more about this opportunity please hit the apply now button.
Posted 32 days ago