English Graduate - New Mills | Zoek UK
English Graduate - SEN Teaching Assistant - January 2021
New Mills, Derbyshire, England
Up to £65 per day
Temporary (Full time)
Graduate Learning Mentor - English Specialism
Are you an ambitious English graduate, looking for paid work which will supplement your application to a Secondary English QTS course for September 2021? Are you unsure whether a career in education is for you? Are you a graduate who already enjoys working with young people, who is looking for more formal experience?
We can help you. Our dedicated education team have over thirty years' experience of matching graduates to schools, for assignments ranging in length from a single day, to a full academic year.
And we would love to hear from you - times are different and challenging at the moment, but your support will be invaluable to young people when they start to settle back into school.
We are specifically working with a Specialist Provision in Stockport, who are looking to secure the services of a English graduate, who can support the teaching of young people, who display challenging behaviours. If you have patience, a great sense of humour, and are dedicated on improving the lives of young people, these opportunities are for you. You will be responsible for supporting learners on a 1:1 basis outside of the classroom, and you will also have a small timetable (these are called intervention groups) where you will provide intensive support to small groups of learners. You will formulate a superb understanding of the curriculum at KS4 English , which will bode well for future studies. You will be supported by outstanding teachers and a strong, highly recognised leadership team.
Learning Mentor work provides a great platform for graduates - both with practical experience, and also knowledge to create attractive, engaging personal statements and applications. And don't worry about all that - our process is really easy, and our consultants are more than happy to help you with your applications to QTS courses when the time is right.
- Location - Stockport, Greater Manchester
- Position - SEN Support (English focus)
- Type of work - Teaching Support
- Start date - January 2021
- Duration / Likely Duration - June/July 2021
- End date (if applicable) - End of the Academic Year
- Contract type - Temporary
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £70 per day
- Hours - 8:30 am - 3:30pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree educated with a good classification, in English or related subject
- Team Teach - Advantageous but not essential
- Previous experience working of working with young people (which we can reference)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
Posted 6 days ago