Advanced Carer - Winsford | Zoek UK
Winsford, Cheshire West and Chester, England
£10 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
Charity of the year 2019 as chosen by Charity Times.
We are currently seeking Advanced Carers to join us at Winsford Grange. Winsford Grange is a 60 bed care home based in Winsford, Cheshire. The home is part of our specialist brand of residential and nursing care services, EachStep Care, delivering support for people living with age-related needs and dementia to lead full and happy lives.
The Advanced Carer role reports in to the Registered Nurse and assists with line management of our Support Workers. The Advanced Carer will work as part of a designated team, delivering health care that focuses on the direct needs of the people they support.
They will carry out specific tasks and responsibilities as delegated by registered practitioners, including the following:
- Contribute to the smooth running of our specialist residential and nursing care homes for older people and those living with dementia
- Ensuring that people we support receive social and health related care according to their individual needs and care plans
- Maintaining a homely environment for the people we support and oversee that their needs and those of their families and friends are met at all times
- Allocating and supervise duties and activities to Support Workers
We current have vacancies on both day and night shifts - please state your preferred option when applying.
The successful candidate will require a Level 2 NVQ or equivalent, as well as relevant experience in the health and/or social care field in Older Peoples Services. Extra training in dementia would be desirable.
Candidates will be required to complete a five week training course consisting of ten modules. You will need to be committed to attend training for two days per week. Further modules and upskilling within the service will follow. We are seeking candidates who are committed to driving their own development and ensuring that their learning is up to date and valid.
It is important that you share our company values which are at the heart of everything we do and ensure that we deliver high quality, consistent care and support.
In return, we offer you a rewarding role with the opportunity to develop your skills and future career in a rewarding and enriching environment.
We also offer the following;
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on going learning and development
- Holiday purchase scheme (up to 5 days)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Retail discounts
- Leisure savings
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Employee of the month scheme
- We will also pay for your DBS
Community Integrated Care is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Posted 3 days ago