The position of Chief Accountant reports to the Finance Director and other members of the Board.
The Group The UK based Group currently has 8 reporting units in 5 countries (UK, USA, Slovenia, South Africa and Indonesia) with 4 different management information / accounting systems being used by UV staff and 3 systems being provided by outsourced firms of accountants.
The Product Founded in 1961 The Group manufactures, produces and trades wood veneer products on a worldwide basis with a representation either by direct employee or agent in most countries.
The requirements An experienced and commercially aware accountant to assist the Finance Director in managing all aspects of the financial and commercial operations of the Group.
The role will be involved in:
Accounts preparation and accounting procedures
- Preparation of periodic and annual UK financial statements.
- Reviewing / preparing non UK periodic and annual financial statements.
- Ensuring that the finance team correctly record all transactions in the various accounting systems.
- Managing and reconciling intercompany transactions including transfer pricing and cash flow.
- Assimilating, reviewing and modifying the various accounting and information systems to provide more timely management information.
- Review costing systems to introduce a standard costing system.
- The position will be required to know the procedures of, and be able to deputise for, all members of the finance team responsible for sales and purchase ledgers, cash books, stock control and invoicing. Tax compliance and other reporting
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Preparation and submission of PAYE and national insurance returns
- Other UK periodic reporting
- Other overseas periodic reporting
Risk management and credit control
- Monitoring customer credit limits and checking exposure for shipment release
- Credit control function on a relationship basis.
- Export sales invoicing and preparing / obtaining relevant shipping documents including Bills of Lading, Phytosanitary certificates, Certificates of Origin, Packing Lists and others as specified.
- Progressing shipments to ensure all risk exposures have been minimised - have goods been shipped on time, have customers complied with credit requirements, have documents been sent to customers to enable goods to be released without demurrage?
- Reviewing distribution service and related cost for UK and other distribution units.
- Establishing / monitoring relationships with national and international freight forwarders
- Preparation of documents to present under a letter of credit
- Currency exposure management
- International banking payment procedures-SWIFT / IBAN numbers
The successful candidate In addition to a recognised accounting qualification and excellent IT skills the successful candidate is likely to have gained significant and relevant experience in a multinational group that can be refined to achieve the above requirements in a dynamic export focussed group.Must have online commercial experience.
Salary will be dependent on experience and will not be an issue for the right candidate.
Posted 21 days ago