Environmental Health Practitioner - Shropshire - This Area Only | Zoek UK
Environmental Health Practitioner
Shropshire - This Area Only
£16.28 - 20.00 per hour
Contract (Full time)
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Shropshire Council to appoint an Environmental Health Practitioner to their Food, Health and Safety Teams.
3 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Location - Shropshire, SY2 6ND.
Rate of Pay - £ - £20 per hour - Higher rates can be negotiated for more experienced candidates.
Main Purpose :
The post will deliver a range of food and health and safety functions with a focus on food safety, standards and hygiene, health and safety, infectious diseases and related activities and supporting partnerships and relationships with businesses .
Role Requirements :
- Deliver operational action plans and projects across a wide range of food safety, health and safety and infectious diseases functional areas, in either a lead or support role, in order to raise standards of compliance and deliver improved regulatory outcomes in the service area.
- Support the development and delivery of a programme of regulatory and enforcement projects and activities to identify and reduce risks to residents and businesses in order to achieve Regulatory Services outcomes.
- Utilise a range of regulatory approaches including: evidence-based research, risk assessment, intelligence-led targeting in order to identify and investigate business activities or environmental practices which present a significant risk to the health, safety, prosperity and wellbeing of the wider community.
- Undertake comprehensive and professional research and analysis across a wide range of regulatory functions in order to provide businesses with high quality, accurate and timely advice on the implementation of complex legislation and standards in operation across the UK and EU
- Plan and undertake complex investigations in accordance with the Enforcement Policy and collect and prepare evidence and investigation reports to ensure that prosecution cases meet the very highest legal and professional standards and achieve successful outcomes.
- Utilise a wide range of regulatory techniques in order to successfully achieve regulatory outcomes and improve compliance levels in the most effective and efficient way.
- Assist in the development of and contribute to cross-cutting agendas including community safety and health and wellbeing in order to protect vulnerable people and the wider community.
- Undertake high level auditing and assessment of complex business processes and operations and make appropriate recommendations for change and improvement in order to improve compliance levels.
- Utilise problem solving, negotiation and mediation to resolve complex issues and complaints reported by residents, businesses, partner agencies and services in order to support the protection of the environment, the health and wellbeing of the community and promote economic prosperity.
- Prepare, present and make recommendations and appear as a witness in complex prosecutions or in other judicial or enforcement processes in order to promote fair and safe business practices and protect the environment, the health, safety and well being of local residents and promote economic prosperity.
Job Requirements :
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport or Working Visa)
- Reference contact details covering the last Three years of employment. (Names, Numbers and email addresses)
- Qualified Environmental Health Officer.
- Degree / Diploma in Environmental Health or equivalent.
These are mandatory requirements upon application for the role
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to ######.uk and contact Dane on######### as soon as possible.
Posted 37 days ago