(324jc) Firmware Engineer - Gloucester or Greenford
Firmware Engineer (324jc) Gloucester or Greenford - Competitive Salary
Our Client is a world leader in the research and development of cybersecurity.
The Company develops secure communications devices and cryptographic equipment protecting such things as the worldwide internet, credit card transactions, military platforms and personnel. Their Hardware Security Module is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. The Company has also developed and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software. The Company prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.
Job Purpose: FPGA design and implementation of complex functions and algorithms for use in secure communication products within the Company Communications and Integrated Systems business
Scope / dimensions: As a Firmware Engineer you will join a multi-disciplinary team responsible for technical aspects of large and complex design tasks. The team size will range from small teams of 2-3 Firmware Engineers to teams of up to 10.
- Carry out firmware design and development in VHDL, targeting the FPGA elements of complex real-time embedded systems.
- Develop appropriate firmware architectural solutions to efficiently meet the requirements of complex communication systems.
- Author high quality firmware requirements based on user needs and system artefacts to enable effective development and testing.
- Work within multidisciplinary teams during integration to de-bug and test Firmware on hardware platforms.
- Produce high quality design, development and implementation documentation including specifications, reports and proposals to support the objectives of the business.
- Follow development processes, while being able to appropriately question and suggest change in support of continuous improvement.
- Perform duties according to the security manual to ensure that information is handled in line with government guidelines
Competencies: Peer relationships
- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers. Functional/technical skills
- Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Problem Solving
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers. Learning on the fly
- Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyses both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything. Listening
- Attentive to others; hears people out and accurately restates opinions and views of others even if disagrees. Written & Verbal Communications
- Is able to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect. Planning
- Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results. Perseverance
- Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks. Customer Focus
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience: Essential
- Fully Proficient in the full life cycle of Firmware development using VHDL.
- Applies and adapts a variety of engineering methods and techniques as necessary when creating solutions.
- Experience using FPGA toolchains, ideally targeting Xilinx parts.
- Proficient in Verification, Integration, Test, Validation & Verification.
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces (UARTs, USARTs, SPI, I2C, TCP/IP, UDP).
- Experience in Digital Electronics and Digital Logic Design.
- Experience in developing military equipment.
- Experience in developing UK High Grade Cryptographic products.
- Experience using DOORS.
- Experience designing to meet DO-254.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent industrial experience.
In return the are offering an excellent base salary and benefits package and the ability to join a dynamic and expanding company that is seeking to grow the company for the next decade.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on 0333 202 6500 Ext 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
Posted 41 days ago