Network Design Manager - Central Park Dr | Zoek UK
Network Design Manager - Depots
Central Park Dr, Rugby CV23 0WE, UK
Salary up to £44,000 + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
As a business, Hermes is shaped by our four values of Do the right thing,**Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be customer obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles, particularly in newly created roles like our Network Design Manager - Depots.**
As our Network Design Manager – Depots, you will be responsible for designing and maintaining Hermes’s 5-year Depot infrastructure plan, providing guidance to the business on future Depot processing requirements, both in terms of required location of these sites, but also, size and throughput requirements. You will aid in the design and implementation of new operational products, processes, services and systems for the Hermes Operational Network.
This key roles sits within our Operational Development (Ops Dev) Division and you will report in to ourHead of Infrastructure where you ensure sufficient capacity to hit the budgetary and operational requirements of our Depot network.
You will be expected to project manage, in some cases design and/ or implement operational improvements into the hub, depot and delivery network until steady state. The development of the network may include the installation of new systems and processes to improve the overall performance of the network. So the ability to analyse large amounts of data whilst understanding the operational requirements of national logistics business is requirement of this job.
About the Role:
You will undertake depot capacity and delivery unit modelling to deliver the business budget; sourcing and implementing any network amendments and you must have experience of leading the implementation of amendments to the network infrastructure from concept to BAU and ensuring the delivery is rolled out across the network.
To be successful in this role, you must have the capacity to design sophisticated modelling tools to ensure maximum use of facilities in line with the operational processes, taking account of process variations. Having experience of creating new and innovative sortation methods across automated and semi-automated distribution centres would be of benefit.
- Experience of Paragon (or similar)
- At least 4 years’ experience in a Logistics or Home delivery environment
- Experience of project planning and managing multiple projects
- Experience of creating Excel models to calculate throughputs / constraints
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- Be able to lead a cross functional project managing multiple stakeholders
- Identify required boundary changes to ensure operational flows and capacities are maintained within accepted limits
- Assess the impact on the wider network of any significant volume change (new business opportunities, changes to depot infrastructure, use of automation etc.)
- Support the Head of Engineering and Facilities by providing analytical data on the impact of any significant engineering change (depot automation, additional hub capacity etc.)
- Assessing the resource and financial impact of any changes to the depot network
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 26 Days Holiday entitlement + Bank Holidays
- Opt in benefits
“To all recruitment agencies: Hermes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hermes employees or any other organisation location. Hermes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”