Supply Chain Manager - Chilled Goods
Who are Abel & Cole? Check us out at www.abelandcole.co.uk, https://bcorporation.net/directory/abel-cole, Instagram and Facebook
- A pioneer of organic home delivery, Abel & Cole is a brand famous for seasonal organic fruit & veg. Since 1988 we've built close relationships with other brilliant organic pioneers in order to deliver a wide range of fantastic organic food to people's homes across much of England. We represent a refreshing alternative to supermarket shopping, but without being worthy or preachy. No air freight, no silly packaging, no nasty chemicals – just great food produced by people who really love what they do. We deliver to around 40,000 households and we employ nearly 600 great people. We consider ourselves bold, irreverent, genuine, friendly and honest, and it is crucial that this comes across in everything we do.
- Role Summary
- As the Supply Chain Manager for Chilled Goods this is a fantastic opportunity to join a team passionate about delivering top quality, organic produce direct to the customer's door. Reporting to the Category Buyer, you will be responsible for leading our Chilled Goods Supply Chain Planning Team of 3 whose mission is to create a consistent supply of great quality products and maintain a respectful and mutually supportive relationship with our suppliers and other departments of Abel & Cole. The supply chain team truly acts as the hub of business, and in your interactions with multiple departments within Abel and Cole you will be constantly challenged in an ever-changing role. Alongside the smooth running of day to day operations, you will have the opportunity to implement new processes and truly shape the department, with the full support of the team around you. This is a great opportunity for someone with Supply Chain Planning experience in fresh foods who is passionate about ethically sourced products and ready for a new challenge.
- Here's what you'll be getting up to:
- Overall responsibility for achieving chill supply chain KPIs based around availability and fulfillment in order to drive sales and customer retention. Line managing your team of three supply chain planners, ensuring strong personal development and progression by promoting continuous improvement. Working with key stakeholders across Buying, Merchandising, Analysis, Technical, and Operations to deliver the annual sales plan and promotional calendar, and to maximise short term sales opportunities. Identify areas for improvement to develop new and improved processes for the team to drive time and cost efficiencies. Working closely with suppliers to build strong and trusted relationships in line with our ethical principles and providing support and guidance for business development where necessary. Analysing and presenting weekly performance to the wider business.
- Here's what we are looking for:
- Experience in supply chain planning (preferably chilled goods). Strong leadership ability. Meticulous attention to detail. Good time management and organisational skills. Ability to make logical and fact-based decisions under pressure. Strong analytical and numerical skills. A drive to achieve and exceed targets. Flexible approach to working. Ability and willingness to work in both our Andover and Wimbledon offices weekly. Customer centric approach to working and decision making. An awareness and interest in the wider consumer market, particularly in the organic sector.
- What we offer
- This is a full-time position as we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self – Monday –Friday, 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility may be required. 30 days holiday per annum inclusive of bank holidays A free box of fruit and veg every week (It's pretty delicious!) alongside company discount of up to 35%.Cycle to Work Scheme.Grants for sport, performing arts, education and non-vocational courses.Contributory pension scheme
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to develop their talents to the full for the benefit of all. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination - a place where everyone is treated respectfully.
Posted 7 days ago