IT Infrastructure Lead - Newcastle upon Tyne | Zoek UK
IT Infrastructure Lead - Server, Storage - Team Leader, Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
£38000 - £44000 per annum + excellent annual leave and pension
Harvey Nash are working with an established key client in the North East who are looking for an IT Infrastructure Server and Storage Lead to join the team.
The client is looking for a candidate who will be able to be both hands on when needed and also lead a team of 6 Engineers day to day, the successful applicant will be responsible for circa 400 server across a 10,000 people user base
Key responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for supporting the IT Datacentre Infrastructure including Windows Server Systems, Virtualisation Services, Storage Systems and Backup and Recovery Services, in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and in accordance with appropriate standards.
- To maintain and support a number of backend systems and solutions currently in use including but not limited to:
- Physical Servers
- Virtual Platforms
- Storage Arrays
- Backup Solutions
- Thin Client Technologies
- Datacentre environment
- Assisting in the planning, installation and commissioning of new hardware and systems or enhancements to support the development of services at the client, based upon business requirements and priorities. This includes responsibility for the maintenance, repair or adaptation of complex hardware and software applications and systems in use within the organisation.
- Undertake Active Directory administration and maintenance including OU Structure, Group Policy and the assignment of rights and access permissions.
- Maintain regular backups of Servers, associated systems
- Monitor and manage the cause of automated alerts triggered from Server and associated system management tools and take remedial action to maintain agreed Service Levels and prevent recurrence wherever possible.
- Ensure all Server and associated system changes are assessed for impact and support scheduled changes
Key technology being used / experience required:
In depth knowledge of current and emerging Information Systems Technologies including Windows Server, Unix, Virtualisation technologies, Thin client, Enterprise storage and SAN platforms.
In depth knowledge of Server and Operating System technologies and their administration, maintenance and support.
Good Knowledge in network protocols including TCP/IP (wired and wireless), DNS, DHCP
Experience of successful planning and delivery, on time and within budget, of complex IT projects
Experience of managing change in an IT environment
Experience of trouble shooting complex IT technical issues within ICT infrastructures
Knowledge of ITIL in a complex IT setting
Educated to Degree level in IT or with significant IT Server support experience
Relevant technical professional qualification in IT MCSA, CompTIA A+
Experience and knowledge of: SQL, DHCP, Azure, Solarwinds, WSUS, Microsoft and Cisco mix is beneficial
Posted 9 days ago