Are you looking for looking for a new and exciting Group Accountant role? Our client, based in North London is a renowned National Contractor of Both M&E Building Services has experienced another year of prominent growth and success. Boasting a turnover exceeding £100million, successfully achieved by a team of over 650 personnel. An impressive competitor to the major players offering a rewarding career built on an ethos of delivering quality to employees and clients alike. As the Group Accountant you will be responsible for 8 accounts department personnel and will liase directly with the Financial Director. A keen applicant with Building Services industry experience would be advantageous. The scope of this role will really suit someone who is forward thinking and who has a desire to push themselves in a demanding environment.
- Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts and annual audit.
- Review and coding of various nominal expense invoices prior to their input and checking to ensure all have been correctly dealt with.
- Process income received from main contractors including raising invoices where required and dealing with retentions
- Supervise upload of sales invoices onto client's online systems, ensure all are accepted and approved. Deal with any that are rejected and follow up until they are corrected and fully uploaded again.
- Supervision of Credit control function in respect of two Divisions within the Group, arrange meeting with relevant departmental heads for any disputed or overdue invoices and agree the course of action.
- Generate intercompany sales invoices in respect of the Design Company. Reconciliation and clearing of intercompany accounts
- Manage staff records, including holidays, sickness and any other absences.
- Assist with preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Manage staff records, including holidays, sickness and any other absences. Other Responsibilities
- Provide holiday cover for Sales Ledger, including input of invoices, cash receipts and allocation, dealing with phone calls from clients; maintain daily and weekly cash flow reports.
- Provide holiday cover on Purchase Ledger in respect of subcontract invoices, applications and processing certification and payments.
- Provide holiday cover by processing weekly payroll. Full training will be provided on weekly payroll. Also assist with payroll processing during bank holiday weeks and sickness.
Posted 22 days ago