GNC Engineer (SPACE LAUNCH)
Inverness, Highland, Scotland
GNC Engineer (SPACE LAUNCH)
Location: Inverness/ Forres
Salary: Competitive /Negotiable with relocation assistance and equity options
Start date June 2019/ ASAP
Our client is an international space launch company with backing from several of Europe's largest venture capital investors and space agency funding. It is looking to hire an experienced guidance, navigation and control engineer to be part of the development team for their small satellite launch vehicle. The role is based in Forres / Inverness in its new Manufacturing and Engineering centre.
You will work in a collaborative setting with internal and external engineers and partners through all stages of the GN&C algorithm development process and flight software implementation. They expect you to be technically well-founded within the field and your qualifications/experience base will likely contain many of the qualities required to fulfil the following responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the GNC Engineer:
- Lead development and validation of launch vehicle characteristic models.
- Liaison and Orbex project lead with external GNC system and subsystem development partners.
- Participate in design, review and test of guidance, navigation, and control algorithms for launch vehicle.
- Participate in the development of high fidelity launch vehicle flight dynamics simulator.
- Validate and verify GN&C flight software through software-in-the-loop, processor-in-the-loop, and hardware-in-the-loop integration campaigns.
- Oversee trajectory safety analysis for launch license acquisition process.
- Development and maintenance of launch system FMECA and fault tree analysis.
- Support to the company systems engineering group.
Requirements of the GNC Engineer:
- MSc degree in aerospace engineering, electrical engineering, control systems engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4-6 years of experience in aerospace or similar environment
- Launch vehicle or spacecraft GNC algorithm development, control of flexible structures, Kalman filtering, trajectory design and optimization.
- Modelisation of physical systems.
- Dynamic systems, orbital mechanics, control systems, estimation, and software/algorithm development in C/C++/Matlab.
- Embedded implementation of GNC algorithms.
- Development project management.
- Capabilities and operational understanding of navigation system sensors including inertial navigation systems, GNSS receivers, star tracker systems, sun sensors etc.
In addition to these core technical attributes we are looking for Experienced Candidates who can demonstrate that they can get things done with a pragmatic attitude and achieve results. Your track record will be important. You must be a European Citizen from a country that is a signatory to the MTCR convention. A competitive salary and benefits package including the chance to earn an equity stake and relocation assistance is available according to your relevant experience and circumstances.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the GNC Engineer then please apply now!
Posted 46 days ago