Diss, Norfolk, England
£8.21 - 8.21 per hour
Mechanical Assembler - Permanent - Full-time - £8.21 per hour
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Assembler to produce a range of brass and stainless-steel gas control products on behalf of our client based in Diss.
- Monday to Thursday 07.30 to 16.30
- Friday 07.30 to 13.30
Normal working week = 40 hours.
Overtime when available = basic rate + one half.
Breaks - 1 x 15 minute paid in morning + 1 x 30 minute unpaid for lunch (excluding Friday).
Main duties include:
- Interpret and follow drawings, routings, bills of materials, process sheets, to accurately assemble products
- Be able to use a range of equipment, such as hand tools, power tools, non-powered presses, automated and non-automated machinery
- Carry out all work tasks in accordance with established standard operating and safety procedures
- Complete all tasks to the standard times, as defined within the routing
- Perform 'in process' inspections of the product to ensure quality standards
- Identify product defects, and take appropriate action
- Ensure stock discrepancies are reported
- Make a positive contribution in maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, tidy and well organised
- Ensure that all equipment is used correctly, and returned to its designated storage area on the completion of a job; in a clean and sound condition
- Attend and participate in any relevant training courses, toolbox talks or briefings that the Company consider to be of benefit to you; or the department
- The ability to work to deadlines
- Must be physically fit, as the role involves standing for long periods and some manual handling
If you are interested in this role please apply with an up to date CV or call 01379 642276 and ask for Emily King
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.
Posted 11 days ago