Phone Shop Team Manager - Milton
Milton Tesco 2889
What I do
- Offer expert sales advice and support to my customers in the Phone Shop
- I manage and achieve my department budgets/targets including contract sales, profit, insurance attachment, shrinkage, payroll and training
- I check the entrance to the Phone Shop is always clear and easy for customers to enter without distractions
- I make sure the department is tidy and there is always someone available to help
- I follow-up next steps from the Phone Shop Healthcheck
- I meet gaps targets and customers can get what they want
- I liaise with Space, Range and Merchandising Manager/Stock Control Manager to plan for seasonal events and promotions in my department
- I coach my team to follow warehouse guidelines so that the Phone Shop stock room always complies with What Good Looks Like
- I deliver Safe and Legal routines including shelf edge labels and point of sale is correct and displayed and coach my team to ensure they are delivered
- I make sure the Contract Mobile Phone Procedures for advice, sales, activation and returns are followed
- I coach my team to follow the Mobile Phone Return policy, the Telecom Bulk Purchase Policy and the hardlines return policy for high value products
- I communicate regularly with the Telecoms Centre team i.e. promotions, availability or breakage issues
- I make sure I have the right people in the right place at the right time to ensure there is a safe and legal environment for staff and customers
- I make sure my department is always manned and that my team are ring-fenced to deliver first class customer service
- I take part in the shrink management process in store for all stock and use the weekly shrinkage reports/branded discrepancy report to find missing products on my department
- I liaise with the Shrinkage and Security Manager to ensure Phone Shop security is a top priority and coach my team to ensure they are security aware and product protection measures are in place
- I communicate effectively with my colleagues and deliver a quality handover at the end of my shift
How I do it
- I make sure my team are trained and have confidence to approach customers and give them unbeatable value by selling the right products at the right price
- I work shoulder to shoulder with my team, my Area Manager and the management team to coach them on what good looks like for the Phone Shop
- I celebrate success and my team have pride in their achievements
- I care about my people and treat everyone with respect
- I help my team make the difference for our customers and staff
- Behavioural Skills:
- Interacting with People Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Customer Focus Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Decision Making Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
- Teamwork Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
Our business was built with a simple mission – to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
- Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligible 2017/18 earnings.
- Childcare Vouchers
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & - Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
- Sunday and Out of Hours premiums available
Posted 12 days ago