Carbon and Sustainability - Ashton-under-Lyne | Zoek UK | 1ffdc4
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Carbon and Sustainability Consultant
Ashton-under-Lyne, Tameside, England
Permanent (Full time)
A new and interesting position has arisen for a Carbon and Sustainability Consultant. You will work for a leading multidisciplinary consultancy on a range of projects. You will be solutions-oriented, enjoy working with complex data on a wider variety of project scales and natures, and will be an influencer of decision makers. You'll have experience in calculating carbon from organisations and across the lifecycle of capital development schemes, with a working knowledge of supply chains and the buildings and infrastructure sector.
As well as the ability to advise clients on how to reduce emissions, you may also have good knowledge of climate adaptation/resilience, broader sustainability issues, and/or HSE disciplines. You'll be familiar with the challenge companies, projects and programmes are facing, and be enthusiastic to continue your development, whilst mentoring junior colleagues and contributing towards a safer, greener, cleaner and net zero future.
You'll be part of a dynamic and growing team that:
- Works directly with private and public sector clients to investigate, guide, influence and provide leading advice on carbon and climate, as well as sustainability, ESG, circular economy and E&S management aspects
- Develops best-practice methods, solutions and guidance on carbon management and net zero.
- Influences the decarbonisation agenda and sustainability in the design of buildings and infrastructure, especially linear transport and the built environment.
- Prepares the groundwork to be able to pursue meaningful and purpose-led strategies, including setting targets (. science-based, and net zero road maps, plans and designs) especially with public sector authorities.
- Gets deeply involved in carbon management and LCA delivery across organisations, projects and products in line with standards (. ISO 14064, PAS 2080).
- Learns from the best in other technical teams, for instance, liaising with engineers and ecologists to quantify carbon sequestration in offsetting and tailor-made nature-based solutions.
- Delivers climate risk and resilience work, including CRVA and TCFD reporting.
- Supports a huge range of UK and international development projects.
A typical week would include:
- Working directly with clients to investigate, guide, influence and provide advice on capturing data, calculating GHG emissions, and developing solutions to reduce emissions.
- Organising data capture and hosting calls, carbon calculations, modelling future scenarios and preparing dashboards of key information.
- Leading on projects, including reviewing others' work, QA checking and preparing deliverables
- Identifying, leading and delivering carbon management and related proposals - both for internal clients (Rail, Highways, Buildings) but also external organisations
- Helping our group of carbon specialists, to design-in carbon solutions, including setting science-based targets, to offsetting and tailor-made nature-based solutions
- Actively contributing ideas and solutions (. in workshops with design engineers) in decarbonising and enhancing sustainability in the design of infrastructure and other development projects
- Supporting wider projects (. international development, ESG strategies, net zero road maps)
Some recent sustainability project commissions from across our team include:
- World-class sustainability strategies, materiality assessments and annual reporting (to GRI standard) for renowned companies (. in telecomms, construction, transportation including airports and ports)
- Ground breaking net zero strategies work for city authorities, county councils and infrastructure organisations (. Highways England)
- Calculating the Scope 3 GHG emissions of a law firm to inform a major carbon reduction strategy
- Initiating and preparing a comprehensive programme of ESG initiatives for a real estate assets' owner
- Carrying out research on the best performing companies in TCFD reporting, for the PRI.
- Analysing the Social Return on Investment for elements of a company's CSR programme.
- Conducting 'cradle to grave/cradle' and comparative LCAs for products, developing Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) and verifying those produced by others.
For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on######### ext 280 or email bdempster######-
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...