Referrals Manager - East London | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
East London, Greater London, England
33000.0000 - 38000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Our client is a boutique, tight-knit and fast-growing child & adolescent psychiatry clinic, based in Marylebone, Central London, with an extensive network of referrers.
They are the lead clinic for certain childhood psychiatric conditions and have a national profile.
They have approx. 8 child & adolescent psychiatrists, and a well supported team of approx. 6 administrative staff.
Hours: 8:30am to 6pm (including 1 hour lunch break): Monday to Friday (full time)
Basis: Full Time - Permanent Employment
Salary: £33,000 to £38,000 plus pension. Includes 30 days off (figure includes bank holidays), rising upon length of service.
Modality: Mixture of remote working and office-based
Overview of Role
Sole contact in the practice for all new patient enquiries, referrals and bookings, speaking with all new patients to explain the assessment and treatment process, fielding questions, and undertaking a triage process to determine most appropriate care pathway for each patient.
You will be the "first impression" for all potential new patients.
Oversight of all day to day business operations of the practice and ensuring patients are cared for in a safe, and efficient manner, and that all staff member activity is well organised and coordinated.
Responsible for implementing and managing efficient patient referral processes, and working with the clinicians to make sure that all resources are available.
Able to "step" in and perform Personal Assistant / Medical Secretary duties if one of your colleagues is sick or during peak periods.
- Healthcare practice management experience, ideally within a private setting.
- Strong sales experience, able to "filter" information and tailor each sales enquiry according to the needs of the client and what information they do or do not require.
- Triage knowledge, how to enquire about a child’s mental health history over the phone with the parent, and ascertain levels of clinical risk.
- Diary management, the ability to spot gaps and re-arrange appointments where appropriate.
- Solid IT skills and comfortability to pickup new IT processes and rollout across the practice (practice management systems, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, online forms).
- Strong attention to detail, both verbally and written (emails), precise use of language and medical terms.
- Taking payments from clients over the telephone.
- Strong understanding of psychiatric and psychological terminology is important.
A Typical Day
- Fielding 10-20 telephone and email enquiries from new patients or referrers every day, spending approx. 30-45 minutes on each phone call explaining the assessment and treatment process, whilst also assessing for the patient’s level of risk (triage) and subsequently booking assessment appointments and taking payments in various IT computer systems whilst on the phone with parents.
- Logging all phone/email enquiries and interactions in our enquiry monitoring IT system.
- Managing and resolving adhoc IT, diary management or logistic issues that arise with clinicians or administrative staff.
- Minuting admin and doctor team meetings (weekly/monthly basis).
- Assisting the Clinic Director with strategic promotional activity (PowerPoint, social media promotion, organising events) (weekly basis).