Production Engineer - Macclesfield | Zoek UK | 2020e1ed353f4dfc91992a478b04e798
Macclesfield, Cheshire East, England
£34000.00 - £36000.00 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
Production Engineer Our chosen business partner are experiencing an ever increasing order book and that hand in hand with R&D activities means they require a production/process engineer to join their team.
Hit ‘Apply’ below to send your application for consideration. Ensure that your CV is up to date, and that you’ve read the job specs first.
They have two major manufacturing sites, one in the UK and one in South Korea, each of which has developed market leading expertise in its own field and is trusted by leading brands in over 110 countries.
They have a wealth of expertise in manufacturing adhesive coatings with extensive capabilities for contract coating and lamination.
Your main aim will be to support the Engineering Manager in production improvement and asset care activities, to oversee the development and implementation of production improvement projects & systems, including rectification of faults and maximising production functions, product quality and support production availability through the effective use of engineering and production projects.
- Identify, submit and complete capex project that provides benefit to the business and operations.
- Create develop and coordinate project teams ensuring engagement across different departments.
- Collaboratively work on PM scheduling; and planning shutdown for asset care across the site.
- Support effective deployment of the engineering team with the team leader on repair and improvement activities.
- Develop the onsite CMMS within engineering; planning and prioritising activities; analytically reviewing the effectiveness of the PM’s.
- Assist the Engineering department to rectify safety related issues resulting from various audits and reporting systems across the site.
- Coordinate and Manage contractors on site works and processes with effective review and utilisation of permit to work system, RAMS ensuring full and accurate completion of all documentation and compliance activities.
- Complete continuous improvement projects / installations within proposed budgets and timelines with effective project control.
- Challenge, report and develop current production processes, using production improvement tools & systems where necessary.
- Support the engineering department in achieving all KPI’s.
- Work collaboratively with the production management team and production operatives on resolving production issues utilising design & engineering fixes.
- Write and provide periodic reports / updates on the current projects and production improvement activities.
- Utilise external suppliers and the purchasing system ensuring timely delivery of parts for use in projects and machine repair whilst considering costs.
- Cover the absence of the electrical engineers on shift (holidays and sickness).
- Good knowledge of engineering practices and principles.
- People Management experience.
- An understanding of the packing manufacturing process or similar type of industry.
- Knowledge of AutoCad.
- Experience in Automotive or other FMCG environments.
- IOSH, Managing Safely qualification or higher.
- Six Sigma (Green Belt).
- HNC / Degree in electrical engineering