Pricing Manager - Reigate | Zoek UK | 202541662c644592bf7df8fe8d8d15f5
Reigate, Surrey, England
Permanent (Full time)
Salary: up to £75,000 doe Contract: Permanent-Full Time Location: Reigate
Pricing Manager: An exciting new opportunity has become available to join the Reigate-based division of our busy Tesco Underwriting Pricing department as a Pricing Manager.
The Pricing Manager will play a pivotal role in the business as they will be responsible for building and maintaining risk cost models across both Motor and Home product lines using Emblem, which will help TU achieve business profit and growth. Strong theoretical and practical understanding of Personal Lines underwriting and pricing principles is a must, as well as prior experience using Emblem. The pricing manager will also be heavily involved in maximising the use of internal and external data and will take the lead into researching market best practice statistical techniques.
The ideal Pricing Manager must have strong general insurance pricing experience with a proven track record for solving complex numerical problems to help find effective business solutions. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to step into management as they will be managing two reports, or for someone looking to continue their career as a pricing manager, coupled with the opportunity to get wider exposure to senior management and external parties.
The main responsibilities for the Pricing Manager include:
- Delivering accurate and relevant statistical modelling of claims experience, business volumes, and price elasticity, using standard GLM analysis and more advanced machine learning techniques.
- Leading TU's research into new statistical techniques and market best practice to deliver more predictive models of claims experience and business volumes, including the use of internal and external data.
- Delivering regular feedback to the Pricing team to improve their statistical modelling skills and to educate the team about new statistical modelling techniques.
- Ensuring that work processes and models are adequately documented, validated and stored within a clear directory structure with complete version history
- Coaching and full line management of multiple analysts, ensuring the needs of the individual are met.
The ideal Pricing Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- or above in a numerical subject (qualified actuary is desirable).
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in pricing General Insurance, ideally in personal lines.
- Strong working knowledge of Emblem is a must. Knowledge of SAS and R and/or Python programming languages is very desirable.
- Ability to explain complex analysis in plain English, avoiding the use of jargon and acronyms and able to communicate the material financial implications of modelling and analysis decisions.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team; fostering positive relationships and providing mutual support and guidance.
- Previous line management or coaching/mentoring experience is preferred.
At Tesco Underwriting we value our customers, but we also value you!
- Flexible annual bonus
- Enjoy 23 days' holiday rising to 25 days (with the option to buy an additional 5 days each year).
- Personalised career plan giving you the ability to drive your own development including funding for nationally recognised qualifications.
- Competitive pension scheme and life and health benefits.
- Colleague Discount Card following 3 months service, providing you with an amazing discount on Tesco products.
- A selection of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle including discounts on Tesco products as well as other retailers & lots more.....
Tesco Underwriting is a partnership between Ageas and Tesco Bank. Our customers' needs are at the heart of everything we do. We operate independently of either shareholder and we are proud of the values driven and people focused culture that we have created. This helps us to deliver exceptional standards of work. We look for people who live our values and culture and want to deliver to a high standard. It's not just what we do, it's the way we do it.
As a fully inclusive employer, we encourage anyone regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation to apply and join a great company. We are fully committed to inclusion and diversity more broadly a signatory of the Women in Finance and the Insurance Inclusion Pledge and we partner with the Children's Trust and The People's Kitchen charities.
As a disability confident employer, we encourage anyone with a disability to apply.
COVID-19 Pandemic Update - During these times of unprecedented uncertainty, Tesco Underwriting is positively adapting, growing, and moving forward with great compassion and taking phenomenal care of our customers and colleagues. Our number one priority is to ensure our colleagues and customers remain safe. Where we can we have successfully transitioned some our workforce to work from home, offering them complete support, training and constant updates with clear communication from our Leadership Teams. All colleagues are continuing to receive full salaries with no staff furloughed and we are proudly honouring our commitments made to colleagues. The support Tesco Underwriting has provided during the Covid-19 Outbreak has been exemplary. We have taken great steps to ensure the wellbeing, mental health and safety of our colleagues is a priority.
Posted 37 days ago