Plumbing Teacher - Cambridge | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
£25006 - £34697/annum Plus staff benefits
Permanent (Full time)
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational and talented Teacher specialising in Plumbing to join our team in Cambridge and Huntingdon. This is a full-time, permanent position and in return, we can offer you a competitive salary of between £25,006 - £34,697 (dependent upon experience and qualifications), plus staff benefits.
Cambridge Regional College is a large and inspirational centre of learning with Campuses in Cambridge and Huntingdon. We have outstanding teaching and leisure facilities and a reputation for excellence in a number of fields. Our campus facilities are among the best in the country. CRC is a college to be proud of and to be in.
It is important to us that we recognise the hard work and commitment of our staff. As such, you can benefit from a range of rewards.
Here are some of the rewards you will benefit from as our plumbing teacher:
- Generous holiday leave plus bank holidays
- Generous teachers’ pension scheme
- Discounted rates on Apple products
- Free gym membership option and discounted classes
- Discounted rates on college courses
- BUPA Health Expenses cash plan and Occupational Health services
- Free on-site car parking
- Exclusive discounts for high street and online stores with Rewards######
- On site restaurants, retail and coffee outlets
- Staff Development opportunities
About the role:
We are currently seeking to appoint an inspirational and talented Plumbing Teacher to join our friendly and professional Construction and Motor Vehicle Technology department. Reporting to the Head of Department / Team Leader, in this post you will be delivering teaching and assessing on our Level 1- 2 Plumbing courses and apprenticeship standards, and in addition to undertaking associated tutorial duties.
Our Plumbing Teacher will have the following key responsibilities:
- Delivering inspirational teaching and access to learning across a range of programmes, and to learners with a range of ages and abilities
- Contribute to course design, development of programmes and the expansion of the Department generally
- Team administration, liaison and development
- Assist in the recruitment and admission of new students
- Such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be reasonably required at any of the College locations.
What we are looking for in our ideal Plumbing teacher:
- Hold qualifications at level 3 or Advanced Craft in Plumbing along with a teaching qualification
- Recent and relevant industrial experience
- Current or very recent experience of teaching
- Able to demonstrate an in-depth subject knowledge
- Assessing qualification and experience is desirable
- Adaptable and flexible as evenings and weekend work may be required
- Current Health & Safety knowledge for the industry
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High levels of IT skills with the ability to create teaching resources
The Department will either consider an experienced lecturer looking to work in a College committed to becoming outstanding OR a candidate with suitable industry knowledge that is passionate about working within the FE section. Experience of assessing is desirable, but full training would be available for the right, motivated candidate.
For JD please contact HR team on
Note: Title for this role is ‘Lecturer – Plumbing’ at the College and thus JD entitled accordingly.
If you have a passion for working within the FE sector to train the next generation of the industries workforce, please click ‘apply’ today to join the team as our Lecturer – Plumbing.
Cambridge Regional College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The College reserves the right to fill this vacancy ahead of the closing date if a suitable candidate is found